What is the average hourly pay for an Airline and Airport job? Check out our hourly pay calculator to find out and even look up the average pay in your locale.
We have complied information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to help you get a better idea of employment in the Airline and Airport field. Below are highlights of the major professions within this industry.
- Competition for positions is expected to remain keen because the opportunity for travel attracts more applicants than there are jobs.
- Job duties are learned through formal on-the-job training at a flight training center.
- A high school diploma is the minimum educational requirement; however, applicants with a college degree and with experience in dealing with the public are likely to have the best job opportunities.
- Cargo and freight agents need no more than a high school diploma and learn their duties informally on the job.
- Faster than average employment growth is expected.