What is the average hourly pay for a Marketing and Advertising job? Check out our hourly pay calculator to find out and even look up the average pay in your locale.
We have complied information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to help you get a better idea of employment in the Marketing and Advertising field. Below are highlights of the major professions within this industry.
- Although employment is projected to grow faster than average, keen competition is expected for entry-level jobs.
- Opportunities should be best for college graduates who combine a degree in public relations, journalism, or another communications-related field with a public relations internship or other related work experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively is essential.
- Keen competition is expected for these highly coveted jobs.
- College graduates with related experience, a high level of creativity, strong communication skills, and computer skills should have the best job opportunities.
- High earnings, substantial travel, and long hours, including evenings and weekends, are common.
- Because of the importance and high visibility of their jobs, these managers often are prime candidates for advancement to the highest ranks.