What is the average hourly pay for a Clerical and Office Administration job? Check out our hourly pay calculator to find out and even look up the average pay in your locale.
We have complied information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to help you get a better idea of employment in the Clerical and Office Administration field. Below are highlights of the major professions within this industry.
- For many people, a job as a data entry and information processing worker is their first job after high school.
- Although overall employment is projected to decline, the need to replace workers who leave this large occupation each year should produce job openings.
- Job prospects should be best for those with expertise in appropriate computer software applications and who meet company requirements for keyboarding speed.
- Job opportunities will be good.
- Employers prefer medical transcriptionists who have completed a postsecondary training program.
- Many medical transcriptionists telecommute from home-based offices.
- About 41 percent worked in hospitals, and another 29 percent worked in offices of physicians.