What is the average hourly pay for a Restaurant job? Check out our hourly pay calculator to find out and even look up the average pay in your locale.
We have complied information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to help you get a better idea of employment in the Restaurant field. Below are highlights of the major professions within this industry.
- Most jobs are part time and have few educational requirements, attracting many young people to the occupation-more than one-fifth of these workers were 16 to 19 years old, about five times the proportion for all workers.
- Job openings are expected to be abundant through 2016, which will create excellent opportunities for jobseekers.
- Tips comprise a major portion of earnings, so keen competition is expected for jobs in fine dining and more popular restaurants where potential tips are greatest.
- Experience in food and beverage preparation and serving jobs is necessary for most food service manager positions.
- Food service managers coordinate a wide range of activities, but their most difficult task may be dealing with irate customers and uncooperative employees.
- Job opportunities for food service managers should be good as the number of outlets of restaurant chains increases to meet customer demand for convenience and value.