What is the average hourly pay for a Telecommunications job? Check out our hourly pay calculator to find out and even look up the average pay in your locale.
We have complied information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to help you get a better idea of employment in the Telecommunications field. Below are highlights of the major professions within this industry.
- Telecommunications includes voice, video, and Internet communications services.
- Employment will grow because technological advances will expand the range of services offered.
- With rapid technological changes in telecommunications, those with up-to-date technical skills will have the best job opportunities.
- Average earnings in telecommunications greatly exceed average earnings throughout private industry.
- Little or no change in employment is projected.
- Job opportunities vary by specialty; good opportunities are expected for central office installers and repairers, but station installers and repairers can expect keen competition.
- Applicants with computer skills and postsecondary electronics training should have the best opportunities.
- Repairers may be on-call around the clock in case of emergencies-night, weekend, and holiday hours are common.