- Apr 22, 2017
PASSENGER VAN and WHEELCHAIR VAN DRIVERS WANTED IMMEDIATELY!
If you have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record, we will train you to operate our vehicles!
Provide A Ride is a premier provider of transportation services. We have more than 22 years of experience in the transportation field and work 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. We operate non-emergency programs using wheelchair accessible as well as standard passenger vehicles under contracts with agencies operating work commute, ADA Paratransit programs, school routes and more.
The Driver ensures the safe and timely transport of customers while providing a comfortable service from the origin of the trip until reaching their final destination. (Wheelchair Van Drivers drive a wheelchair accessible vehicle transporting clients who utilize a wheelchair.) Act as a representative of the company while on duty.
- Paid Training
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
DRIVER ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide door-through-door pick-up and drop-off of all customers.
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner; create a pleasant environment for the passengers during their ride.
- Assist customers into the van, ensuring that customers wear their seat belts and children/infants are seated and belted properly in car seat.
- Transport customers to and from previously scheduled locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Map out routes to and from specified destinations, identifying the fastest route. Determine the order of routes when transporting more than one customer to different destinations.
- Log in every trip assigned by Dispatch throughout the day, ensuring all required information has been written and is legible before turning it in at the end of each day.
- Keep Dispatch updated on status throughout the day while transporting customers and/or while waiting for next assignment.
- Inspect vehicle for any damage, ensure all the required equipment is in the vehicle, and make certain that the gas tank is full before leaving base at the beginning of the work day. (Vehicle pre-trip inspection.)
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and report mechanical concerns to management.
- Become familiar with and follows Drivers’ Policies and Procedures from Handbook. Comply with State of Ohio traffic laws.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will transport clients in a wheelchair up or down ramps; ensure client's wheelchair has been safely tied down and secured.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will need to be able to secure a diverse range of wheelchairs including large, electric and scooter style mobility devises.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will need to be able to multi-load and secure multiple wheelchair clients in a vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 23 years old
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with a clean record
- Pass Drug Test, Physical Exam & Criminal Background Check
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Five years + of experience driving a private or commercial vehicle is preferred.
Certifications - Valid State of Ohio Driver’s License.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.
- Ability to read work-related documents and write trip information. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate in an understandable and professional manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to use a Nextel, GPS unit, telephone, and calculator.
- Ability to operate at the pace of the business in order to meet deadlines. Ability to plan and prioritize. Ability to remain calm and patient when dealing with difficult customers.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Oral Communication - Listen and receive clarification.
- Written Communication - Write clear and informative statements; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Diversity - Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promote a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Work with integrity and fairly uphold organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follow policies and procedures; Support organization's goals and values; Support affirmative action and respect diversity.
- Judgment - Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Use time efficiently.
- Professionalism - React well under pressure; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meet productivity standards; Complete work in timely manner. Complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observe safety and security procedures; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials correctly.
- Adaptability - Adapt to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently report to work as scheduled and on time; Arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follow instructions, respond to management direction; Take responsibility for own actions; Keep commitments; Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Initiative - Volunteer readily; Ask for and offer help when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the Passenger Van Driver job, the employee is regularly required to sit; crouch, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of the Wheelchair Van Driver job, the employee is regularly required to sit, crouch, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to write or handle, push or pull, assist and lift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand and twist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested in the Driver position, click the “Apply Now” button to submit a resume now!