Picker and Packer
- Mar 27, 2017
1568 Georgesville Rd - Columbus, Ohio, 43228
MSC Industiral Supply Co is hiring for a Picker and Packer job in Columbus,OH
Picker and Packer
2:30pm - 11:00pm
MSC Industrial Supply Co
Picker & Packer Job Description
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY
- This position is responsible for proper packaging of materials and products. This position will also load and move material and operate packaging equipment.
- To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform the following duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
PICK PACK DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loads, unloads, moves product by hand.
- Visually inspects boxes for damage or improper packaging.
- Lays out material according to specifications.
- Matches packing slips to P.O. using descriptions, vendor numbers, MSC item numbers and quantity.
- Verifies products using item numbers, descriptions, and quantity.
- Inspects products for damage.
- Picks items from bins.
- Counts items.
- Sorts packing slips by picking location, carrier codes, or special instructions.
- Forms and seals cardboard boxes for packing using tape gun or sealing machine.
- Prepares boxes/skids/creates with appropriate shipping labels and insert material.
- Pulls items from flat stock to fill orders.
- Fills boxes with packing material.
- Audits packages for accuracy.
- Shrink wraps items/boxes/crates.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Unloads/stages and monitors the supply of new shipping SKU's and sorts skids.
- Picks and packs DOT regulated materials.
- Loads, unloads and moves skidded product.
- Operates basic warehouse vehicles (i.e. pallet jacks and/or forklifts).
- Operates advanced warehouse vehicles. (i.e. turret truck and/or order picker).
- Creates bar code labels using MSC item numbers
- Scans and applies labels into warehouse computer system.
- Packs items using warehouse specifications.
- Identifies items using visual inspections, reference manual or measuring instruments.
- Scans complete packages for UPS charges/invoicing.
- Prepares and ships catalogs.
- Performs to specified productivity and quality expectations.
- Participates in work clean program.
- Performs all duties following safety guidelines.
- Follows special instructions and helpful hints provided during verification.
- Notifies supervisor of Work Team Coach orders on Stop Release.
- Contacts MSC departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Builds skids or crates for shipping freight items.
- Process shipping exceptions, such as FedEx, consignee billing, international, US mail, etc.
- Removes/cleans refuse from various warehouse departments.
- In order to meet customer service requirements, associates can be temporarily re-assigned to other warehouse functions.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Position may require a valid state driver's license.
- Basic computer skills required.
PICKER AND PACKER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 75 pounds – individual or team lift), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of mental coordination. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment as required for position. Must be able to operate at heights up to 50 feet. Mentally alert for entire shift.
- May be required to work overtime to meet customer's needs.
- May be required to obtain internal certification to drive warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
- May be required to obtain internal certification to pack ORMD/DOT regulated items.
Please click on the 'Apply Now' button to apply online or to apply in person see address to apply at the upper right side of this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.