- Kansas City,KS
- Mar 19, 2017
Best Harvest Bakeries is hiring for a Truck Driver job in Kansas City,KS
Truck Driver - $2000 in sign-on bonuses - Full Time (Weekends Home)
Compensation: $45,000 to $55,000 Annually
$2000 in sign-on bonuses available for drivers we hire with a Class A CDL license
Tired of OTR and the promise of weekly “home time”? Join our team, we run 3rd shift Monday – Friday out and back to Kansas City daily or every other day. Dedicated Regional Routes, dedicated days off. We prefer drivers with a year of Class A, but will train the right person who’s straight out of school.
We take care of our drivers so they can take care of our customers. We pay by the hour; if you’re in the truck, you’re earning pay – including OT over 40.
If you’re tired of the “Home time” promise and looking for a local career, apply to day. Join the team.
Best Harvest Bakeries based in Kansas City, Kansas, is a premier provider of fresh and frozen Bun/Bakery products to individual restaurant locations. We operate new, professionally maintained equipment and expect our drivers to exercise safe driving habits. Previous handling of cold chain or food products is preferred.
Our business is growing, and we need Drivers with a Class A CDL! We operate solo and team routes with 48’ Reefer units. Drivers dispatch on a dedicated routes; usually working overnight.
The ability to manage trucks on confined parking lots is a must. Routes are Monday - Friday with weekends off with the rare exception usually to accommodate weeks with a holiday.
We have a competitive pay package which includes hourly wage and benefits for full-time drivers such as medical, dental, vision, and paid vacation days.
- Develop a good working knowledge of products and routes.
- Drive routes and deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows.
- Load and unload product from vehicle/trailer to satellite driver vehicle, and/or place in designated customer storage areas in all weather conditions.
- Complete required paperwork (such as drivers’ logs, pre/post trip inspections, and packing slips) with detail and accuracy.
- Immediately communicate with management team to obtain authorization for errors, returns, and deviations from standards.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Follow safe work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand carts, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in truck, tractor, trailer, customer locations and all other work spaces.
- Attend all required company meetings.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Safely operate vehicle in overnight driving conditions along with all varieties of traffic and weather conditions. Follow all DOT rules/regulations.
- Frequently reach up to 72" to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart. No extremely heavy lifting is required but must be able to pass our physical evaluation.
- Ability to constantly bend, stoop, and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from vehicle/trailer.
- Ability to climb into and out of truck, tractor, trailer.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
Click the "Apply Now" button to submit a resume now!
530 South 65th Street
Kansas City, KS 66111
For additional information, call us at 913-596-3600