General Manager, Cargo Services
- Mar 07, 2017
Swissport USA/Newark is hiring for a General Manager, Cargo Services job in Newark,NJ
General Manager, Cargo Services (EWR)-1711606
Lead, develop and drive the overall strategic direction and business plan by orchestrating an ongoing planning process which produces a clear and compelling vision and mid- and long-term business objectives. Direct all aspects of the day-to-day operations at the station/local business unit level to ensure efficiency and performance in accordance with the corporate objectives, strategy and plans.
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate the Cargo operation's performance to ensure increased profitability, productivity, or market share.
- Direct the preparation of operating budgets and proposals for capital expenditure and investments in infrastructure, technology, equipment, systems, or other assets and resources; analyze and approve operational investments that best meet the organization's business needs.
- Monitor and track the financial performance and ensure that full accounts and records of all financial transactions are maintained. Provide financial reporting as required – (Board of Directors, Statutory Accounts, annual financial statements and reports, etc.,)
- Monitor and track quality standards of the Cargo operation and ensure continuous improvements in workflows and services to maintain competiveness.
- Lead, guide, evaluate, and develop a team with operational responsibilities to ensure that the organization achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all key stakeholders (customer airline’s management, airport management, customs, immigration etc) to meet business targets
- Implement, oversee and monitor all safety and security measures and KPI’S related to people, equipment, facilities and aircraft involved in the operation.
Key Performance Indicators
- HR Metrics
- Quality targets as set by Swissport and/or as agreed with customers
- Other KPI as defined by the business unit
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree or equivalent, advanced degree in related field or professional certifications are advantageous
- Excellent working knowledge of business management principles and practices, financial concepts, and key drivers of profitability and operational performance.
- 5 years experience with P&L responsibility, preferably in the Aviation Industry
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong strategic skills and commercial acumen combined with the ability to motivate teams to deliver high quality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, internal and external work relationships with all stakeholders and interest groups
- Team focused management style that fits into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong oral and written communications and ability to communicate and motivate at all levels
- A sense of urgency and a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.