- Mar 27, 2017
Wasserstrom Company is hiring for a Fabricator job in Greenville,TX
Wasserstom, GKS a N. Wasserstom & Sons Company, one of the largest distributors of food service products specializing in restaurant supplies, is seeking manufacturing associates for our Garland, TX facility.
At Wasserstrom, we offer our associates high quality, affordable benefits that reflect our dedication to protecting your health and investing in your future.
- Major Medical
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Optional Portable Term Life Insurance
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Salary Continuance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & Profit Sharing
- Associate Discount
- ESM (Employee Services Management) Association -offering a variety of discounts nationwide
- Sprint Discount
Are you looking to join a fast-growing and progressive manufacturing team? We’re looking to grow our manufacturing team by adding entry-level fabricators where the initial role is to assist highly-skilled fabricators/fitter, finishers, and technicians with weld preparation, manufacturing of components, fit-up of assemblies, and finishing components. If you have the right mechanical aptitude, desire to learn, and willingness to work hard, you could quickly progress into more advanced levels of responsibility and pay through our formal 9-step training program. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health and dental insurance, vacation days, and monthly team performance incentives. Fabricator Position Responsibilities:
- Handles raw materials by retrieving stock from racks, shearing, breaking and cutting the stock to size, duburring the edges in preparation for fabrication.
- Measures materials accurately with a tape measure and other measuring tools.
- Trains with an experienced welder, builder, or fabricator using on-the-job training to learn technique of welds and fabrication methods.
- Maintains work areas with order and cleanliness.
- Complies with all Safety rules and regulations, including:
- Compliance with all written safety procedures, policies, and work practices.
- Reports all incidents including injuries and illnesses, near misses, property damage, chemical spills and fires to a Team Leader immediately.
- Participates in safety meetings, training, and committees.
- Reports all hazards, unsafe conditions or unsafe behaviors to a Team Leader.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Leader
A High School degree or GED is preferred. Our ideal candidate will possess strong mechanical aptitude, a desire to learn more, and a willingness to work hard. The successful candidate will be proficient in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. No prior welding experience is necessary, but having a passion for building complex products will serve you well on our team!
To apply for the position of Fabricator, click on the apply button and select FABRICATOR JOB TITLE – BE SURE TO SELECT THE CORRECT STATE.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.