- Jul 09, 2017
CampusParc at The Ohio State University is hiring for a Event Staff job in Columbus,OH
The Spirit of the Position:
The Event Staff employee greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients.
Principal Job Duties:
- Greet by/use name, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Assist customers in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office; help direct traffic.
- Flag customers into parking facilities and surfaces lots creating a simple and effective entrance and exit for customers.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Accept monthly and debit payments and process credit cards.
- Must work with or without supervision.
- Assist with cashiering functions as needed.
- Communicate any malfunctioning parking equipment to ensure appropriate access to management.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!