- Jul , 9
- Restaurant : General Restaurant
Gate Gourmet Dallas-Fort Worth is hiring for a Cook job in Dallas,TX
We are now hiring for Cooks to work in our flight kitchen located at the Dallas Fort Worth Unit. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A cook is responsible for preparing and cooking various food items according to recipes and for observing and enforcing strict requirements with regard to food safety. The job includes sautéing, poaching, baking, grilling, and sauce preparation, as well as working with broilers, fryers, grills, ovens and stove-top cooking.
Job Specific Requirements:
- At least 2 years experience cooking in a high volume institutional catering environment
- Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
- Japanese Cuisine Knowledge/ Experience PLUS!!!!!!
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Handle fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products
- Follow written food specifications and menu guidelines
- Handle knives and kitchen tools properly
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate with Supervisors and co-workers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- Culinary degree or cooking certification preferred
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging - Understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring - Influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving - Delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!