- Mar 27, 2019
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
8653 E. Hwy 67 - Alvarado, 76009
Sabre Tubular Structures is hiring for a Longseamer job in Alvarado,TX
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
- Under the direct supervision of the Tower Shop Supervisor and his appointed Lead, the Long Seam Welder uses specified welding processes and procedures to achieve 100% penetration welds for specified lengths of each shafts seam within prescribed codes, and according to prescribed procedures, specifications, and drawings.
- Duties & Responsibilities
?Performs visual inspection of the entire length of each seam to identify areas requiring repair.
?Reads and interprets drawings and/or computer print out “flatsheets” to determine requirement for 100% penetration welds.
?Grinds and/or air-arc gouges areas as necessary in preparation for welding.
?Adjusts welding machine to achieve desired results within parameters of established welding procedures.
?Using specified welding process (FCAW, GMAW, and/or SAW,) welds required areas to obtain 100% penetration.
?Reads and interprets applicable specifications and welding codes and procedures to determine preheat requirements. Uses oxy-fuel heating torch to preheat work specified temperature. Uses instruments provided to measure temperature of the material.
?Reads and interprets work orders and daily production schedules. Writes entries on daily production log to show work completed.
?Uses overhead crane to position work in pole-rollers and to move completed poles to designated areas.
?Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides feet, inches, fractions, and decimals. Uses tables to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
?Visually inspects his/her work to assure that welds have been completed satisfactorily in accordance with applicable drawings, specifications, and codes.
?Assists and instructs other welders when needed to overcome deficiencies in quality and/or productivity.
?Wears protective equipment including safety glasses, insulated welding gloves, leather sleeves, and/or cape, face shield, and welding hood to protect himself from hot metal, arc rays, grinding debris, and other potentially harmful conditions.
?Inspects end of poles for straightness and squareness of edge cuts. Trims and/or grinds as necessary, in order to leave ends suitable for shipment to customer, or for fit up base plates.
?Uses power drills to drill and/or ream holes in pole sections as required by drawings.
?Welds other products in his or her area using either FCAW or GMAW process.
?Assembles two piece developments.
?Determines amperage and voltage settings, feed rate settings, required weld procedures, weld size and amount of penetration required.
?Grinds and/or cleans seams to ensure the required penetration and necessary UT quality weld.
?Performs daily, weekly, monthly operator preventive maintenance on seam weld machine.
?Adjust amperage, voltage, speed rates, and machine pressures constantly throughout the welding process to compensate for variations from the cutting and bending operations and the material variations.
?Other duties as assigned.
- ? Must have knowledge of basic shop mathematics, addition, subtraction, fractions, multiplication and decimals.
? Proficiency in reading complex prints and specifications.
? Must know how to properly use a weld gauge.
? Read and write.
? Must have six months experience as a welder-A or weld-B
- ? Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
? Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
? Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends.
? Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
? Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
? Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
- ? High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
- Monday - Saturday, 7 pm - 5 am, Overtime and Weekends as needed (Nights)
Sabre is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.