Preprint Press Helper - Production
- May , 7
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Responsible for operation of preprint inking systems, handling adjustments of ink settings as needed. Keeping paper on machine as needed.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Competitive Pay
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times.
- Follow all safety procedures including but not limited to equipment and pre-shift hoist inspection.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
- Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications.
- Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
- Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Set and maintain ink settings throughout the press run, production run.
- Keep accurate records on press and production runs.
- Input data into computer as needed.
- Install doctor blades.
- Change anilox and rubber rolls as needed.
- Work with outside vendors and customers.
- Meet or exceed waste standards for each production run.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma, GED, or applicable work experience.
- Some experience driving a forklift is necessary.
- Must be able to pass forklift training.
- Must be able to operate motorized vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Basic PC experience.
- Ability to read tape measure and use a stop watch.
- This is a 2nd Shift position, 3pm to 11pm.
- Lifting; a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Carrying; a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Reaching above shoulders
- Bending; 4 hours
- Operation of forklift narrow aisle or other vehicle
- Visual ability
- Depth perception
- Ability to distinguish color
- Hearing ability
About the Company:
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s™ packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands include Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, Pac Paper® and General Packaging® Products.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications.
- Novolex™ is a U.S. based company with a headquarters in Hartsville, SC and 35 manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America including the world’s largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has approximately 5,100 employees in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s™ family of packaging brands create value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement:
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission:
Novolex’s™ sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content.
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship.
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community.
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.