- May , 7
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Novolex™ employs over 10,000 people across the globe. We strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
You can apply in person at the Duro Bag plant in Walton, KY Monday thru Friday from 9am to 3pm. You could be interviewed on-the-spot! We're at 1 Duro Way, Walton, KY 41094. Please use the visitor's entrance.
Responsible for catching and inspecting bags, ensuring that product meets our quality standards, with minimal waste.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Competitive Pay
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
- Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications.
- Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
- Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Meet production targets set by management.
- Catch bags as they come off machine.
- Inspect bags for flaws in quality, assembly, print or other problems, and reject those that do not meet standards set by management.
- Place proper amount of bags into sleeve in the press.
- Report machine adjustments and repairs to be done to Machine Tender or Adjuster Supervisor.
- Inspect bales to ensure they are sealed properly and meet quality standards before banding together and placing on skid.
- Band bales together.
- Place labels on bales, making sure they are marked correctly, neatly and are upright.
- Spot check bales to make sure correct amount of bags are enclosed (i.e, 250, 500).
- Place acceptable bales on skids by using proper lifting techniques
- Ensure machine is shut off to prevent machine damage in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to keep up with budgeted machine speed.
- Assist Machine Tender, if needed, while he/she performs work on machines during downtime, assisting in stripping and changing rolls and in clean-up.
- Keep accurate production reports, ensuring all required forms are filled out completely, accurately and legibly.
- Safely clean print when needed while machine is not running.
- Perform roll changes as necessary.
- If no specific work instructions are given, clean-up is to be performed at your normal work area.
- Meet/achieve safety, quality, production, waste and housekeeping goals as set forth by management.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Reading, writing and basic math skills are needed to complete paperwork.
- This is an entry level position.
- Must have ability to discern detail and make decisions about bag quality.
- Must be able to keep up with pace of machine.
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 62 facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 10,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, Heritage Bag®, Burrows Packaging, Sheilds and The Waddington Group.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community