Certified Nursing Assistant
- Allison Park,PA
- Jun 14, 2019
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Concordia at Rebecca Residence in Allison Park offers personal care or long-term nursing care. Nestled in front of a 52-acre backdrop of woodlands and picturesque landscape, our beautiful location has a rural feeling, but is just a half hour away from the shopping, restaurants and culture of Pittsburgh. We strive to hire excellent people at Concordia - and keep them as well!
Welcome to Concordia at Rebecca Residence!
Come join the Concordia Family that was voted
Best Nursing Home in the Region.
No Experience? No Problem! Concordia has an exceptional training program.
We would love to help grow your career!
For a limited time only:
Concordia at Rebecca Residence is offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for
full-time and part-time CNA’s!
Starting at $16.30/hour
(when afternoon or midnight shift differentials are added)
The Certified Nursing Assistant assists the licensed nursing staff by providing direct resident care related to activities of daily living.
? Must be caring, compassionate, and understanding
? High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred
? Satisfactory completion of Nurse Aide training program
? Must pass the Red Cross competency exam to achieve licensure within the required time granted or must possess a current Nurse Aide license from Pennsylvania and be in good standing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (ADLs) including eating and drinking, ambulating, transferring, toileting, bladder and bowel management, personal hygiene, bathing, dressing, turning and positioning, restorative care
Gives treatments per the ADL/treatment book
- Answers call bells and responds to resident needs promptly
- Communicates observations and findings to the Charge Nurse
- Documents care, treatments provided, and other information as required by regulations and policies/procedures.
- After specific training and supervision, maybe asked to take temperature, pulse, respirations, collect urine, stool, and sputum specimens, measure fluid intake and output, and perform other simple treatments/procedures
- Assists residents with obtaining and keeping clean, seasonal clothing, transporting to activities, changing linens, and keeping a safe, neat, clean room.
- Prevents physical, psychological, and/or verbal abuse as well as financial exploitation of the residents. Protects the resident from all abusive situations and immediately reports any signs of abuse. Employs healthy means for dealing with personal stress, which can be a trigger for abuse.
- Prevents infections while providing care, including employing adequate hand-washing and adhering to all aspects of transmission-based precautions. Maintains personal health to prevent transmission of infections.
- Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and Concordia policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information. Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
We offer a competitive benefit package;
Tuition Assistance, Health, Dental, Eye, and 403(b)