Human Resource Manager
- Allison Park,PA
- Jun 14, 2019
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Concordia at Rebecca Residence in Allison Park offers personal care or long-term nursing care. Nestled in front of a 52-acre backdrop of woodlands and picturesque landscape, our beautiful location has a rural feeling, but is just a half hour away from the shopping, restaurants and culture of Pittsburgh. We strive to hire excellent people at Concordia - and keep them as well!
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for working in accordance with the established mission, policies and procedures, including planning, coordinating and administering the personnel activities from the Community including screening, interviewing and training employees.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- A minimum of three years human resources generalist experience, preferably in a customer service environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal labor regulations personnel administration, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, recruiting and selection, and training and development.
- Good organizational and time management skills including ability to do multiple tasks and handle interruptions
- Attend seminars, meetings and trainings as required
- Some travel required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits personnel and ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws plus applicable Community policies and procedures
- Prepares and places all advertisements and in-house job postings.
- Participates in all aspects of the hiring process, including: advertises for new/vacant positions, screens applicants, conducts interviews, maintains all applications on file for future openings, completes reference checks and criminal background checks, makes job offers, schedules pre-employment physicals, drug screens, and TB tests, completes new hire paperwork – all general orientation and reorientation programs for new employees, maintains on-going personnel folders for all employees and forwards all wage and benefit information to the payroll office.
- Assists in the development and the administration of all employee benefit programs, providing assistance in submitting claims, maintaining adequate supply of all necessary forms, reviewing health coverage, evaluating performance of providers, serving as contact person for insurance carriers interested in offering employee benefits programs to Community.
- Conducts compensation and classification studies on site and through professional associations, keeping abreast of trends and conditions in the business community.
- Maintains Job Descriptions and Specifications preparing changes, additions and corrections as needed.
- Keeps current, up to date licenses for all professional staff.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive information in HRIS and payroll processing. Works closely with payroll department.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee records, releasing authorized information regarding employment verification, following community policy regarding all inquiries and routinely informs other staff of the requirements of the community confidentiality policy.
- Reviews and submits all Workmen’s Compensation reports, processing all medical and wage claims, maintaining required logs, preparing necessary reports, analyzing injury logs, submitting recommendations to supervisors regarding areas of concern.
- Gathers, reviews and disseminates information on employee safety and health, keeping abreast changes in OSHA requirements and informing the Safety Committee and appropriate staff where applicable. Reviews and maintains on file all employee incident reports.
- Processes all unemployment compensation claims and inquiries, completing all requests for information, conferring with the unemployment compensation consultant regarding claims and bills.
- Conducts training seminars and workshops for staff.
- Serves as a resource for supervisory staff, explaining and interpreting personnel procedures and the implications of applicable laws and regulations, assisting, as needed, in the completion of necessary documentation of personnel matters by supervisory staff relation to disciplinary action, termination and evaluation.
- Processes all Personnel Action Requests to ensure accuracy and compliance with Community policies and procedures.
- Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and Concordia policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information. Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
403(b)/401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Life Insurance Policy
Direct Deposit, Pay Card, Paperless Pay Checks
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Good Working Conditions
Excellent Staffing Ratios
Vacation, Sick & Personal Days
Discounted Child Care Services on the Cabot Campus
Voluntary Benefits, including: STD, Supplemental Life Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Accident Insurance
On the job training
Employee Assistance Program
Education Seminars and In-services
Employee Activities (amusement parks, professional sporting events, special events)
Tax Sheltered Annuities
Discounted Meal Plans
Benefits and Wages may vary based on facility location.
Minimum hours worked per week/status may be required for certain benefit eligibility.