Mgr, Facilities - CFC
- Aug 16, 2019
- Customer Service : General Customer Service
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Requisition ID : 2937
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Columbus, OH (Whse)
State or Province : Ohio (US-OH)
Potential Work Location : United States : Ohio : Columbus
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and coordinates the activities of MSC Maintenance and Custodial associates in addition to contract workers. Engage in the maintenance, repair, grounds and wiring of building systems and equipment.
- Establishes preventative maintenance programs for new equipment and manages current preventative maintenance programs.
- Inspects work performed by others to ensure conformance to standards, drawings, or blueprints. Takes corrective action where necessary.
- Assists the corporate engineering department in formulating short/long term plans for the Customer Fulfillment Center and prepares specification, layouts and cost estimates for projects. Facilitates space planning and various moves, adds, changes of associates and departments.
- Ensures building is operational regarding OSHA standards and safety regulatory requirements. Performs required testing/inspections/evacuation procedures including, but not limited to: fire drills, fire protection systems, security systems, HVAC systems, emergency power, etc.
- Negotiates contracts and pricing with building suppliers/contractors. Orders supplies and materials as needed. Requests bids from qualified contractors, performs analysis of bids and maintains an inventory of necessary supplies.
- Needs to be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to respond to emergencies.
- Develops and supports supervisory goals regarding safety metrics.
- Provides resources for Global Safety initiatives.
- Facilitates compliance of the MSC property to all federal, state, local and trade specific requirements.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of MSC Manager including hiring, terminated, performance reviews and development of associates.
- Participates in formulating the annual operating expense of capital budget for facility equipment.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- College degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five years job-related experience is required.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial electrical systems, motors, starters and switch gears required.
- Excellent mechanical ability with bearings, shafts, speed reducers, sprinkler system and other similarly systems required.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, Program Logic Control, Hydraulic, Pneumatics, Generators and Blue Print reading required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, etc. required.
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Lifting items between 25—50 pounds required.
- Ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
- A valid state’s driver’s license and the ability to travel are required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.