- Mc Lean,VA
- Sep 11, 2019
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Every employee of Vinson Hall Retirement Community is responsible for carrying out the Mission of VHRC, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
Responsible for the overall effectiveness and expansion of the home and community based services (HCBS) program, in collaboration with the VH Director of clinical operations, through utilization of Best Practices and innovation in the field.
• Must have an active Registered Nurse License in good standing with the Board of Nursing within the position’s jurisdictional practice location.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred, or experiences commiserate to BSN.
• Five (5) years of experience in home care or home health preferred.
• Experience in home care or health start-ups
• Ability to successfully collaborate with the VH Director of Clinical Operations to develop and grow the home and community based services program.
• Highly experienced in providing exceptional customer service to client population and interacting with their support systems.
• Ability to lead and communicate effectively.
• Must be able to safely and successfully perform job-related functions, with or without reasonable accommodation required by federal, state, or local law.
• Maintains professional presence when representing VH HCBS lines; exhibits degree of professionalism consistent with standards in performance, behavior, and appearance.
• Computer skills required.
|Requirements||Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Client services
a. Responsible for completion and/or overseeing completion of the initial contract for services with clients.
b. Responsible for documentation of the service plan in collaboration with the client and/or family
c. Effectively communicates with the HCBS team to assist in the coordination of services.
2. Employee Management
a. Coordinate with the Human Resources team in determining qualifications of staff needed, position descriptions and salary ranges.
b. Provides direct supervision to and evaluation of HCBS staff.
c. Plans and implements in-service and continuing education for HCBS staff.
3. Leadership and Management
a. Along with VH Director of Clinical Operations, oversee the HCBS business plan including planning for break-even point in expenses/revenue, profit projections, projected client census, and projected staffing needs, internal and external expansion of services.
b. Works with VH Director of Clinical Operations and Marketing team to establish a marketing plan, monitor referral status, and prepare and present reports related to referral process.
c. Develop and administer HCBS educational program for staff with required documentation.
d. Evaluate use of technology and its role in the HCBS program and assist with implementation of the same.
e. Direct and evaluate all HCBS service lines.
f. Along with Coordinator oversee employee and client satisfaction management process.
g. Participate and provide metrics to HCBS quality assurance program.
h. Functions as HCBS Administrator if no further designee.
a. Interfaces with Department Directors and Managers professionally and effectively utilizing techniques which build and support teams.
b. Provides oversight and maintenance of client records.
c. Keeps Program Administrator informed of progress and processes related to the HCBS program.
d. Review and complete clinical record documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
5. Professional Development
a. Determines HCBS Best Practices and Innovation through professional organizations/groups related to the field.
b. Participates in in-service, projects, or committees as assigned.
c. Maintains all certifications necessary for employment. Maintains a current knowledge of federal, state and other regulations applicable to job.
6. Maintains residents’ rights and confidentiality at all times.
7. Performs other duties as required.