CUSTODIAN - PT - Morning - $10.00
- San Antonio,TX
- Sep 16, 2019
- General : General
Janitors keep assigned areas, such as office, commercial, industrial, or institutional building in clean and orderly condition. Work successfully with fellow employees & others. Understand and follow instructions, both verbal and written. Explain how to complete a task, understand instructions for task using basic communication skills.
- Comply with safety rules, policies, and procedures. Stops at risk behavior of others and self.
- Perform work assignments in a team with other employees.
- Perform repetitive tasks.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Follow all company procedures, policies, and rules.
- Take direction and respond to supervision.
- Talk with lead, supervisor, co-workers, managers, and customers in a professional manner.
- Fill in during staff shortage.
- Support shift lead in completing punch-list items.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- Present a professional appearance and conduct.
- Understand customer service and satisfaction.
- Understand reporting systems, and of the environment.
Examples of tasks include, but are not limited to:
§ Restroom cleaning
§ Stock restrooms
§ Window cleaning
§ Clean ashtrays
§ Pick up trash
§ Wipe down sinks, partitions and stainless steel
§ Straighten areas, such as lobbies, conference rooms, locker rooms, & break rooms
§ Restock supply cabinet/room
§ Transport trash & waste to proper disposal areas
§ Clean window blinds
§ Clean draperies
§ Remove cobwebs
- No prior experience or training
- Recognize and understand safety signs and building warning systems. Understand safety requirements, understand & meet company handbook expectations.
- Ability to change tasks or assignments outside normal duties. Work in a team environment.
Must be able to understand ones own physical limitations to the extent necessary to perform the necessary functions and tasks of the job. Stand 33%, Walk >66%, Sit <10%. Use of hands to finger, handle, rub, grip, and feel <66%. Reach above shoulders <33%, Push/pull and grasp with hands and arms 33-50%, Climb or balance <33%. Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl <33%. Frequently lift 0-10 lbs carry 1-3 feet. Occasionally lift 35 pounds and carry 1-5 feet. Talk and hear 100%. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust and focus100%. Exposure to all outside weather conditions. Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to normal weather conditions for the area. While performing the duties of this job, may be working around semi-trucks and trailers, dumpsters, and vans. This may include construction areas and the hazards associated with such. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing Protection not required, but may be worn for comfort.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
ISS Facility Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse workplace.