Ready Mix Plant Manager
- Oct , 2
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Ready Mix Plant Manager: Port Arthur and Mid County Plants
Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Manage one large, or multiple, ready mix plant operations. Manage multiple Batchmen and ensure that all operations maintain and exceed safety, production, quality and customer service expectations. Maintains equipment and material to produce concrete and ensures delivery of requested products to customers. Responsible for the safety of plant and drivers. Reports to Area Manager with required reports and briefings. Coordinates with central dispatch to ensure timely distribution of ready mixed concrete while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Conducts/oversees weekly, monthly and quarterly safety meetings, maintaining a consistent focus on safe behavior and actions
- Enforces the wearing of appropriate safety equipment in the plant and while on jobsite at all times
- Manage and maintain appropriate inventory levels of raw materials
- Ensure all safety, environmental, production and quality procedures are adhered to at all responsible locations
- Coordinates monthly plant and truck inspections with the Area Manager and Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
- Responsible for consistent batching sequence and monitoring scale and gate accuracy
- Assesses the quality of materials delivered and maintains a log of changes in aggregate moisture
- Supervise employees at the plant in daily activities including hiring, evaluation, progressive discipline, etc.
- Accountable for the integrity of Mixer Operators and yard personnel loads and payroll hours. The time entry system should be audited daily for accuracy
- Monitors loading and tempering time; working with the Mixer Operators to arrive on each jobsite in a timely fashion
- Reviews, daily, a pre-shift inspection checklist to ensure equipment is functioning properly
- Responsible for performing preventive maintenance procedures. Periodic inspections are performed to inspect bin integrity, dust collection system, admixture dispensers, gate and rams, and aerator functionality
- Ensures the plant performs at targeted capacity at all times
- Responsible for overall housekeeping including the plant, batch office, and driver and equipment appearance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree. Will consider experience in-lieu of education.
- 5 years’ experience with concrete and related products.
- 1 year maintenance and management experience preferred
- Possess a current driver’s license (preferably a C.D.L.)
- Current knowledge of D.O.T., O.S.H.A., EPA, and other agencies regulations
- Self-starter with desire to promote values and business principles
- Ability to direct, teach, motivate, and coach
- Ability to formulate decisions, makes and support recommendations, prioritize work, communicate with multiple parties and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate positive working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Bilingual is desired but not required
- Exercise independent decision-making, prioritize conflicting demands, and communicate with multiple associates.
- Must be able to read and write in the English language
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time (up to 8 hrs.), stand, stoop and bend
- Must have manual dexterity to use hand tools, and be able to see and hear
- Ability to lift 50# from ground to waist is required
Most time is spent in an outside setting that may require various periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. On occasions, time will be spent in an office environment. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc. Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, and Monday thru Saturday schedule.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Salary Continuation – Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
APPLY ONLINE: http://www.martinmarietta.com/Careers/
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.