- Fort Worth,TX
- Oct 16, 2019
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Scope of Responsibility: This position supports the production department by ensuring materials and products are staged for fabrication and production working safely and conscientious of quality.
- Stock, kit, band and move materials
- Safely operate forklift, pallet jack and other equipment such as banders, grinders, overhead cranes and hoists, plasma cutter, etc. as needed
- Uses Travelers (paperwork) to verify materials and enter completed kits into the MES system
- Maintain a high degree of integrity with regards to professional behavior and safety
- Contribute to a safe working environment by being responsible for quality, safety, organization and cleanliness in the area of operation
- Contribute to team effort by communicating and working well with others, as well as accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, cranes, chains, slings, etc.)
- Perform housekeeping activities to keep the work area and equipment clean and organized
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management
- High school diploma or equivalent, or any combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years recent experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- Ability to accurately read and measure with a measuring tape
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills (in English) along with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and contribute to the success of the team
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and routinely exert up to 30 pounds of physical force.
- Must be able to reach, climb in/out of forklift, bend, stoop, sit, stand and grasp
- Must be able to drive and operate a forklift and pass the Sabre forklift certification
- Position requires work in plant/manufacturing environment. Required PPE includes safety glasses, steel-toe metatarsal shoes and hearing protection worn at all time on the production floor in addition to other specific PPE that must be worn for specific tasks
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, tugging, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, ability to pick/pinch and work with fingers, repetitive motions of wrists/hands/finger, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Effectively and safely utilizes ladders, manlifts, forklifts, overhead cranes, etc. Ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Must be able to work in an open environment for long shifts (including weekends) exposed to extreme temperatures, standing entire shift
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!