- Apr 06, 2017
Woodbine Rehab & Healthcare, a 307-bed long-term care facility, is seeking a full-time Dietary Assistant with foodservice experience.
Dietary Assistants are responsible for:
- Assisting with food and beverage preparation, tray assembly, tray / food delivery and distribution, and sanitation.
- Sanitation duties may include following established standards for washing pots and pans, storing food items, and maintaining general departmental cleanliness.
- Prepares beverages for residents according to diet orders, such as thickened liquids and other specialized orders as appropriate.
- Prepares and portions desserts and salads for resident meals.
- Wraps salads and desserts in cellophane or other approved covering to support infection control standards.
- Serves on tray line during meal periods observing all established procedures regarding diet orders as reflected on meal cards. Provides portion sizes that match menu specifications.
- Stores and rotates Dietary Department food stock according to established procedures.
- Assists with preparation and service of foods and beverages for special functions.
- Prepares resident snacks and provides to Nursing units for distribution.
- Checks and restocks nourishment rooms with appropriate items needed such as apple sauce, juice, sandwiches, ice cream, thickened liquids, pudding, etc.
- Observes all infection control protocols including the wearing of hair nets, gloves, aprons, etc. and washes hands frequently.
- Breaks down food delivery carts; cleans and sanitizes food carts after each meal.
- Scrapes dirty dishes and loads dish machine with all tableware and silverware. Runs dish machine according to standard instructions.
- Obtains and records water temperature of wash and rinse cycle.
- Notifies Dietary Manager or Dietary Supervisor if temperatures do not meet approved standards.
- Performs strip test of dishwashing water to determine chemical levels.
- Documents results and notifies Dietary Manager or Dietary Supervisor of readings that do not meet approved standards.
- Washes pots and pans according to established and approved procedures.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen and stock room after meals.
- Disposes of trash after each meal.
- Completes routine cleaning of departmental equipment.
- As directed, participates in periodic deep cleaning / sanitation procedures in kitchen, storage room, and walk-in freezers and refrigerators.
- Performs all job duties in a manner that ensures that confidential information and resident rights are protected at all times.
Dietary Assistant Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- One year food service experience preferred.
- Frequent walking; pushing and pulling heavy carts such as food carts, hand trucks, etc.;climbing stairs, stools, ladders.
- Stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching such as wiping spills off floor,lifting food trays from a cart, placing materials on shelves, etc.
- Heavy lifting such as lifting and carrying heavy objects.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills (in the English language) sufficient to perform the principle duties and responsibilities outlined in this position description.
Interested and qualified candidates, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now!” button.
Woodbine Rehabilitation & Healthcare is a 307-bed skilled nursing facility located in Alexandria, Virginia. Nestled in a quiet, park-like setting, Woodbine offers unparalleled comfort and extraordinary care. Come and join our team at Woodbine Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center!