Via’s mission is to promote independence and self-sufficiency for people with limited mobility by providing caring, customer-focused transportation options.
We envision a future where all people, regardless of age, health, disability, income or ethnicity have easy access to the mobility options they need to enhance their independence and quality of life.
- We believe all people are entitled to live as independently as possible within their life circumstances.
- We believe freedom of movement is a basic human need in our society.
- We believe everybody counts, regardless of age, health, disability, income or ethnicity and has a contribution to make to the community in which they live.
- Integrity in all our business dealings.
- Respect for individuals.
- Teamwork and positive problem-solving.
- Caring – for our customers, for our community and for each other.
- Safety first.
Via was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit organization with initial funding from the Boulder County Commissioners to coordinate an efficient, cost-effective and accessible transportation system for seniors and people with disabilities residing in Boulder County. Since that time, we have grown from an annual budget of less than $50,000 to a multi-county, multi-program, multi-million dollar budget. Via provides transportation and mobility options in 19 communities in five counties in Colorado.