- May 16, 2018
- Mechanics : Auto Mechanic
Loomis is hiring for a Vehicle Mechanic job in Houston,TX
Driver/ Armed Service Technician (non-CDL)
Loomis is HIRING!! Join A Winning Team Today!
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Driver/Armed Service Technician.
Essential Job Functions
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION: Service and repair of all fleet vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform preventive maintenance (lube, oil change, replace belts, hoses, inspect brakes, repack bearings, check tires, ____________on all size vehicles. Must perform ____________ per month.
• Diagnose and effectively repair mechanical, engine and electrical irregularities/malfunctions on all size vehicles.
• Drive automatic and standard shift vehicles for testing, transfer, and pick-up/delivery of parts.
• Perform inventory and order parts, supplies, as needed.
PERFORMANCE OF THE ABOVE FUNCTIONS REQUIRES:
• Ability to read and understand technical service manuals, repair orders, labels, and gauges (in English).
• Ability to write work orders, purchase orders.
• Ability to communicate verbally (in English) using telephone for ordering parts and supplies.
• Possession of valid driver’s license and ability to drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles from 2,000 to 50,000 lbs. in size.
• Unrestricted ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, squat, lift (up to 50 lbs.), push, pull, climb, and lie on back in horizontal position for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to hoist any size vehicle with lift device (vehicle jack) using foot and arm pumping motion.
• Work is performed in a semi-enclosed structure and outdoors. Environment involves chemical handling, gasoline/diesel fumes and intermittent high noise exposure.
• Full-time schedule consists of an average of 40 hours per week for a 5-day period.
If you are interested in this Full-Time Mechanic opportunity, click on the APPLY NOW button below!
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free Workplace.