School Bus Drivers
- Oct 02, 2017
- Drivers : Bus Driver
STA is seeking Drivers for the Markham, IL area.
$1500 Sign-on bonus for new hires with CDL S&P endorsements.
$14.50 starting wages for no experience $15.00-$17.59 starting wages for experience*
School Bus Drivers provide an extremely important service throughout communities. Make a difference in your community and become a school bus driver!
Learn about the STA Difference! We love our drivers and it shows!
No experience necessary
We provide professional driver training with top certified trainers. Our training program is highly respected throughout the industry. Never driven a large vehicle? No problem! We pride ourselves in our ability to teach any person the skills necessary to become a qualified safe school bus driver.
We pay you to learn!
AM and PM shifts! Work both AM and PM or just one! Set hours or substitute/stand-by shifts available! No weekends or holidays! We guarantee at least 20 hours with plenty of opportunities to pick up extra hours!
High starting wages increasing according to experience! Ask about our Seasonal referral Bonuses, available extra work, compensation increases, and other ways to make extra money!
Go home every day feeling fulfilled! Knowing you made a difference is a great feeling!
We are more then a company, this is more then a job-- want to love where you work? Join the STA family!
- Conduct pre & post trip vehicle inspections vehicle inspections to ensure safe Operation of bus Drive a school bus route - picking up and dropping off student passengers at established stops on route
- Communicate with Dispatch Station utilizing a two-way radio when necessary or requested; including reporting concerns, and following instruction given.
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Maintain the cleanliness of the inside and outside of assigned bus
- Maintain professional appearance and positive company image at all time
- As requested or desired drive additional trips transporting student and/or other passengers to field trips, charter trips, sporting events, and/or other designation(s).
- At least 21 years age
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for at least 3 years
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen and
- Willingness to participate in the STA Driver Training
- Currently have a CDL license with all required endorsements by the state of application to operate a school bus or willingness and ability obtain one.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to complete an online application now!
Founded in 1997, STUDENT TRANSPORTATION OF AMERICA (STA) is North America’s most trusted and largest independent provider of school bus transportation services. STA’s family of local companies is the fastest-growing and most innovative school bus transportation provider delivering safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation solutions to school districts throughout the U.S. and Canada.
We are more than the yellow buses that safely transport over a million school children every day. WE ARE THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE WHEEL AND UNDER THE HOOD: the driver who puts the safety of the students on her bus above all else, the mechanic whose life’s work is the safety of the fleet.
Student Transportation of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.