Associate Director, Scientific Communications, I&I - Veterans Welcome
- Nov 08, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
- Manages across a global matrix organization to drive quality planning and timely communication of key scientific/clinical information for Celgene products within specified therapeutic area.
- Assists Director in driving strategic publication planning within disease state and provides oversight for publication strategy for both in-line and pipeline products.
- Builds strong cross-functional collaborations, to ensure alignment of the scientific communication plan with both the research and business plan for the therapeutic area.
- Provides expert scientific guidance and support to cross-functional colleagues, as to positively impact the business broadly and globally.
- Demonstrates scientific/research expertise to support the establishment of strong working collaborations with both internal and external disease-area experts to ensure quality data analysis, interpretation, and communication planning.
- Ensures quality and timely execution of communications, which include publications, abstracts, posters, scientific letters, white papers, and slide presentations for a variety of audiences and uses.
- Executes department/company strategy, goals and objectives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assists in the development of a global disease-area scientific communications plan, and ensures optimal execution of plan.
2. Ensures timely publication and global communication of key data at major congresses
3. Directs, reviews and approves manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide presentations, and other documents to ensure appropriate evaluation and presentation of data, methodology, interpretation
4. Builds relationships with both internal and external global experts to drive a communication plan that advances the medical knowledge/understanding of company products and pipeline data, moves science forward, and ensures optimal benefit for patients.
5. Establishes strong relationships with medical thought leaders, patient advocacy groups, and professional societies as to drive productive collaborations.
6. Ensures proper development and review of publications/presentations that comply with laws, regulations and guidelines. Aware of current trends within the industry. Helps Director to establish best practices within the Scientific Communications group and shares knowledge with and assists global Scientific Communications affiliates and vendors, as necessary.
7. Develops expert understanding of disease state and current medical and/or regulatory issues related to company products. Contributes to therapeutic expertise during protocol design phase.
8. Serves as internal global disease-area scientific and research expert to support cross-functional strategies and other scientific communication deliverables.
9. Proactively seeks learning opportunities to promote professional growth while meeting business needs. Seeks business initiatives/stretch assignments and serves as mentor to the team.
10. Assist Director by acting as liaison/representing Scientific Communications at intra- and interdepartmental meetings, participating in decisions that impact the overall medical/scientific and commercial support of products within the therapeutic teams.
11. Drives decisions that affect the overall workload, strategies, functional capabilities, and operations of the therapeutic team. Helps to establish the long-range goals and objectives for the team, including proces
Skills/Knowledge Required: -
- Scientific or Medical Degree (OCN, BS, MS, Pharm D, PhD, MD) required -
- Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical industry-based publication planning and medical writing experience required -
- Relevant therapeutic background preferred -
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate -
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry laws, regulations, and guidelines regarding medical education and publications -
- Ability to formulate (write) strategic, long-range plans that are aligned with strategies across the organization and to implement them successfully -
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams -
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible, with positive attitude, strong ability to multi task, prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company -
- Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings