Director, Medical Affairs Global Learning and Development - Veterans Welcome
- Nov 08, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Responsible for designing and delivering both a long-term strategic training plan as well as an annual tactical training plan for Medical Affairs (MA), globally. Leads and guides the evaluation, development and execution of training plans with input from global, regional and affiliate medical affairs colleagues, ensuring that all training initiatives are aligned with the MA strategy for each therapeutic area (TA) or research platform. Directs the activity of quality training initiatives that contribute to the skill, technical/scientific product knowledge and competency of functions across Medical Affairs. Conducts needs analysis and possesses a strong ability to prioritize across multiple therapeutic areas. Ensures currency with respect to knowledge of cutting edge and innovative adult learning principles and training methodologies/platforms and implements novel solutions accordingly.
Accountable for ensuring that the Medical Affairs Learning & Development (MA L&D) team executes against department/company goals and objectives and continually seeks efficiencies and process improvements to maximize resources. Oversees all financial and contractual aspects of team, including vendor negotiations. Develops yearly budget for the L&D team and ensures management of monthly spend within allocated budget. Participates in management development and training initiatives to meet current and future business needs. Develops and trains staff to achieve their maximum potential based on their needs and those of the organization.
- Conducts annual, cross-functional needs assessment and collaborates with global, regional and affiliate MA colleagues to determine the learning and development needs of the MA organization based on TA goals, pipeline evolution and disease plans for hematology, oncology and future areas of focus
- Analyzes the identified needs/gaps (globally and in conjunction with regional MA L&D teams); designs and delivers a long-term strategic global training plan and works with the L&D team to develop an annual tactical training plan for the MA organization
- Effectively partners with cross-functional business partners (i.e. Global Scientific Communications, Global Market Insights) to elucidate the data dissemination and market landscape and incorporates insights into global trainings plans.
- Ensures appropriate strategic prioritization of identified needs across all TAs and oversees team to ensure implementation of high quality, value add training initiatives that effectively meet overall needs
- Instills a spirit of continuous improvement to consistently enhance/ modify existing programs and leads initiatives to identify and apply innovative training initiatives and technology platforms
- Identifies best practices and drives the active contribution of team and representation of the L&D function during the annual MA disease planning process for each therapeutic area to ensure inclusion, relevance, and alignment of L&D initiatives and activities within the overall disease plan
- Ensures commitment to ongoing therapeutic area engagement through collaboration with MA leads and active participation in MA subteams and other cross-functional forums; establishes processes to identify and implement L&D solutions to meet emerging TA needs
- Coordinates the planning process and delivery of ongoing technical training and professional development learning programs for this group
- Serves as subject matter expert for MA regarding the assessment of need and subsequent acquisition of training/development services or products from outside consultants, trainers and vendors; selects and implements robust and cost-effective training appl