Postdoctoral Fellow, Computational Biology - Veterans Welcome
- San Francisco,CA
- Nov 08, 2017
- Healthcare : Travel Agent
We are seeking an independent scientist to integrate large-scale patient-derived molecular data to identify new drug targeting opportunities in cancer. The individual will benefit from regular interactions with the cancer biology and computational biology teams, including a strong group of machine learning and mathematical modeling experts. Publications are highly encouraged. The position is an opportunity to leverage the mentorship and expertise of a well-resourced research environment while exploring industry as a potential career prospect.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Extensive internally-generated profiling and genetic perturbation data has created an opportunity to discover actionable vulnerabilities in patient tumors. This position is intended to allow an experienced computational researcher the freedom to explore the data, integrate with public resources, and discover new targets. Mentorship and experimental (lab) support will be readily available through various Celgene functions/teams.
PhD in computer science, physics, math, statistics, engineering, or a related field with a firm grasp of probabilistic modeling
- demonstrated experience in applied probabilistic modeling/machine learning
- competent programmer fluent in Unix/Linux, Perl or Python, and R or Matlab or equivalent
- working knowledge and understanding of molecular and cell biology
- basic understanding of molecular profiling
- strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- previous experience in cancer biology is a plus