- Apr 26, 2018
- Retail : Cashier
3055 Bear Creek Drive - Wentzville, Missouri, 63385
Starting pay $10.00/hour
This posting serves as a location for applicants to express interest in a Part Time Cashier position in Chesterfield, MO. Applicants will be given the opportunity to express interest in specific locations at a later time.
Cashier Essential Functions
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Communicates and explains Membership types, programs, and benefits to current and prospective Members to assist with account decisions, build
• Membership levels, encourage renewals, and promote the value of Sam's Club products and services.
• Maintains safety of Facility by following all safety standards, procedures, and guidelines including conducting safety sweeps, following proper forklift spotting procedures, following proper procedures for handling and disposing of hazardous materials, following Company steel standard guidelines, and correcting/reporting unsafe situations to Management.
• Maintains cash registers and lanes and reduces shrink by stocking register supplies and box bins, following Company policies and procedures for identifying concealed merchandise, and making an effort to meet front-end performance goals.
• Provides Member service by acknowledging the Member, identifying their needs, assisting with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, resolving issues and concerns, and promoting the Company's products and services.
• Operates hardware such as cash registers or related equipment, processes Member purchases, and assists in payments, returns, refunds, and exchanges using appropriate procedures for different Membership and payment types.
• Follows Company and legal policies and procedures for Liquor sales by securing merchandise, maintaining signage, verifying Member identification, and completing and maintaining paperwork, forms, and required documentation (where applicable).
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
• Point-of-Sale - Follows proper procedures to prevent shrink and follows applicable laws and regulations when selling items to Members. Assists Members with payment methods, return policies, and location of items when asked. Uses the cash register and completes Member sales in a timely manner. Reports complaints, shrink issues, and problems with products, services, and work areas.
• Front-End - Follows proper procedures to prevent shrink when monitoring, cleaning, and stocking the Front-End area. Keeps the Front-End area clean, monitors loss controls, and helps Members find, purchase, and load items in a timely manner. Reports complaints, shrink issues, and problems with Front-End products, services, and work areas. Uses Front-End equipment and stocks supplies in correct ways.
• Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
• Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
• Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
• Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
Candidate must be 18+ to apply for the position.
If you are interested in the Cashier position, please apply in person today!