- Feb 22, 2018
- Drivers : Bus Driver
Via Mobility Services is hiring for a Bus Driver job in Boulder,CO
The Access-a-Ride Vehicle Operator is responsible for safely operating and transporting the public on this curb-to-curb and door-to-door transit service. The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the functions outlined below. Management retains the discretion to add-to and/or change the duties of the position at any time, if necessary.
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver License and Department of Transportation medical card
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections as instructed by the Safety & Training Coordinator per Via's Standard Operating Procedures
- Safely operate a passenger transportation vehicle
- Possess a functional knowledge of the demographics of the service area
- Maintain a good rapport with the general public, provide curb-to-curb and door-to-door assistance and appropriately perform safety precautions with riders with disabilities and/or special needs
- Complete daily manifests (schedules), daily transportation logs, contract sheets, incident reports and other recorded information, as required
- Review schedule prior to leaving base to clarify any schedule, client, route, address or special need(s) information
- Follow driving schedule as per daily assignment sheet, which includes additional assignments and/or changes as conveyed by the dispatch department
- Responsible for proficiency and safety in operating all wheelchairs, wheelchair lifts, tie-down systems, radios, and special equipment on all Via vehicles
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination and maintain DOT medical card
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License
- Must possess and be able to maintain a relatively clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Must have knowledge of occupational hazards and safety practice and procedures
- Must have a reliable work history with strong attendance and punctuality records
- Must have a neat appearance and a sincere desire to work with any level of the general public
- Sit in driver's seat for long periods of time
- Use full range of sense of hearing including tone, pitch and volume when operating a transit vehicle, using two-way radio and assisting passengers and the public
- Use full range of sense of speech including annunciation and projection when using the two-way radio and assisting passengers and the public
- Use full range of sense of vision including depth perception, color vision and near/far acuity when operating a transit vehicle
To Apply: Call- 303-848-2469 or email Jim Trahan at: Jtrahan@viacolorado.org or visit: https://viacolorado.org/contact/career-opportunities/
Via is a full-spectrum mobility manager offering paratransit, travel training and mobility options information and referral services. Via also provides a wide range of community and group educational resources related to transportation for older adults, people with disabilities and others living with mobility limitations.
Via operates on a social enterprise business model and serves the region by providing transportation programs including the HOP, Access-a-Ride and Call-N-Ride under contract to local municipalities and the Regional Transportation District (RTD).
Formerly called Special Transit, we changed our name to Via Mobility Services in 2012.
Via’s mission is to promote independence and self-sufficiency for people with limited mobility by providing caring, customer-focused transportation options.
We envision a future where all people, regardless of age, health, disability, income or ethnicity have easy access to the mobility options they need to enhance their independence and quality of life.
- We believe all people are entitled to live as independently as possible within their life circumstances.
- We believe freedom of movement is a basic human need in our society.
- We believe everybody counts, regardless of age, health, disability, income or ethnicity and has a contribution to make to the community in which they live.
- Integrity in all our business dealings.
- Respect for individuals.
- Teamwork and positive problem-solving.
- Caring – for our customers, for our community and for each other.
- Safety first.