- Jan 23, 2018
- Drivers : Bus Driver
Via Mobility Services is hiring for a CNR Driver job in Boulder,CO
The Call-n-Ride Vehicle Operator is responsible for safely operating and transporting passengers on this motor vehicle transit service.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the functions outlined below.
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform
- Maintain a strong attendance record
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections as instructed by the Safety & Training Coordinator per Via’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Operate a passenger transportation vehicle
- Possess a functional knowledge of the demographics of all the service areas
- Maintain a good rapport with the general public, provide assistance and appropriately perform safety precautions with riders with disabilities and/or special needs
- Complete daily manifests, record passenger pick-up and drop-off times, record miles on and miles off and record other information, as required
- Collect and accurately record rider fares
- Create schedule via cell phone communications with customers
- Responsible for proficiency and safety in operating all wheelchairs, wheelchair lifts, tie-down systems, radios, and special equipment on all Via vehicles
- Responsible for floor-sweeping and interior window cleanliness of the bus
- Record pick-up and drop-off times
- Record mileage on and off
Physical Job Functions:
- Sit in driver’s seat for long periods of time
- Use full range of sense of hearing including tone, pitch and volume when operating a transit vehicle, using cell phone and assisting passengers and the public
- Use full range of sense of speech including annunciation and projection when using the cell phone and assisting passengers and the public
- Use full range of sense of vision including depth perception, color vision and near/far acuity when operating a transit vehicle
- Use hands and fingers (manual dexterity) for vehicle controls and the handling of paperwork
- Push passengers in wheelchairs over short distances
- Pull passengers in wheelchairs over short distances
- Stoop when performing vehicle inspections and securing wheelchairs
- Crouch when performing vehicle inspections and securing wheelchairs
- Kneel when performing vehicle inspections and securing wheelchairs
- Bend at the knee, hip, and waist when operating vehicle, performing vehicle inspections and securing wheelchairs
- Twist at the knee and waist when operating vehicle, performing vehicle inspections and securing wheelchairs
- Reach forward, backward, upward and downward when operating vehicle, performing vehicle inspections, and securing wheelchairs
- Stand while performing vehicle inspections and assisting passengers and the public
- Walk while performing vehicle inspections and assisting passengers and the public
- Be subject to wet, cold and/or hot environmental conditions
- Be subject to a low risk of injury due to vehicle accident, mechanical failure, fire and/or explosion
- Be subject to vehicle noise and vibration while operating a transit vehicle
- Be subject to vehicle exhaust, fumes, odors and road dusts.
- Write reports in a coherent, legible manner
- Collect and count fares
- Other functions, as assigned
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination
- Must maintain a valid DOT medical card
- Must possess a valid Colorado State Commercial Driver License with a class C P1 or higher endorsement
- Must possess and be able to maintain a clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Must have knowledge of occupational hazards and safety practice and procedures
- Must have a reliable work history with strong attendance and punctuality records
- Must have a neat appearance and a sincere desire to work with any level of the general public
To Apply: Call- 303-848-2469 or email Jim Trahan at: Jtrahan@viacolorado.org or visit: https://viacolorado.org/contact/career-opportunities/
Via is a full-spectrum mobility manager offering paratransit, travel training and mobility options information and referral services. Via also provides a wide range of community and group educational resources related to transportation for older adults, people with disabilities and others living with mobility limitations.
Via operates on a social enterprise business model and serves the region by providing transportation programs including the HOP, Access-a-Ride and Call-N-Ride under contract to local municipalities and the Regional Transportation District (RTD).
Formerly called Special Transit, we changed our name to Via Mobility Services in 2012.
Via’s mission is to promote independence and self-sufficiency for people with limited mobility by providing caring, customer-focused transportation options.
We envision a future where all people, regardless of age, health, disability, income or ethnicity have easy access to the mobility options they need to enhance their independence and quality of life.
- We believe all people are entitled to live as independently as possible within their life circumstances.
- We believe freedom of movement is a basic human need in our society.
- We believe everybody counts, regardless of age, health, disability, income or ethnicity and has a contribution to make to the community in which they live.
- Integrity in all our business dealings.
- Respect for individuals.
- Teamwork and positive problem-solving.
- Caring – for our customers, for our community and for each other.
- Safety first.