- Jan 29, 2018
- Automotive : General Automotive
Manheim is hiring for a Automotive Detailer job in Hayward,CA
- Clean out and de-trash interior of vehicles by removing any debris and trash from ashtrays, console, dashboard, door panels, seats, etc., as well as trunk and engine compartment.
- Remove license plates and stickers, as well as any writing from windows, except pertinent to Auction business. Disassemble spare tires in trunk.
- Wash vehicles using a high-pressure washer or automatic car wash equipment. Apply chemicals, power-wash the engine compartment and clean battery terminals.
- Clean doorjambs, sills, interior panels, wheels, tires, hub caps/wheel covers, wheel wells, moldings, bumpers, head- and taillights, spare tire , exterior panels, trunk, hood, and interior and exterior windows. Detail vehicles by cleaning and dressing trim, molding, weather stripping, instrument panel, steering wheel, dash molding, etc. with detail brushes.
- Buff vehicles by applying dressing to engine compartment, wheels, wheel wells and tires, vinyl tops, etc. Apply compound, cleaner and/or polish to vehicles interior, and buff out using a rotary buffer (or by hand as necessary). Wax and buff exterior and all painted surfaces of vehicles using a hand-type buffer.
- Vacuum interior, scrub, shampoo and spot clean carpet and upholstery. Straighten seatbelts.
- Clean glove box making sure that warranty booklet, owner's manual and other manufacturer issued information is returned.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous experience in detail shop or buffing experience helpful.
Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
Medium strength; ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.).
Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.