Big Data Architect Senior Manager - Health & Public Service
- New York,NY
- Feb 03, 2018
- Government : Military
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices -Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Analytics practice, you'll deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You'll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Accenture Digital seeks Data Architects at the Senior Manager level to focus on our Health & Public Service markets. This market includes healthcare payers, providers, and pharmacy benefit managers, and state and municipal healthcare, citizen service, public safety agencies. The Data Architect is responsible for solving data challenges through architecture, design and implementation of Hadoop, NoSQL and other modern data technology based solutions. It includes data acquisition, storage, transformation, security, data management and analysis using these technologies. A solid experience and understanding of considerations for infrastructure planning, scaling, deployment and operations that are unique to Hadoop, NoSQL and other emerging data technologies is required. We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of technology skills across these areas and who can demonstrate an ability to identify and apply Hadoop, NoSQL and other modern data technology solutions to address today's challenges with data and provide better data solutions to the Health & Public Service industries.
A professional at the Senior Manager level in our Client & market career track within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
• Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
• Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
• Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
• Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside area of responsibility.
• Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Responsibilities for the Digital Data Architect Senior Manager include the following:
• Architect data solutions in a hybrid environment of traditional and modern data technologies, working with the customer, users, designers and architects
• Architect, develop and deploy technical and operational architectures for these solutions incorporating Hadoop, NoSQL and other modern data technologies
• Lead and guide implementation teams and provide technical subject matter expertise in support of the following:
o Designing, implementing and deploying ETL to load data into Hadoop/NoSQL
o Designing and implementing data management solutions within the modern architecture
o Security implementation of a Hadoop/NoSQL solutions
o Troubleshooting production issues
o Performance tuning of a Hadoop/NoSQL environment
o Designing and implementing consumption of analytics from a modern architecture
• Minimum 10 years' experience working within a data management, integration and analytics capacity in the healthcare and/or public service industries, including healthcare payers, providers, and pharmacy benefit managers, and state and municipal healthcare, citizen service, public safety agencies
• Minimum 3 years' experience with designing, building and operationalizing large scale applications using Hadoop and NoSQL components - HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Spark, MapReduce, Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB etc. in production
• Minimum 3 years' experience with organizing and architecting data at scale for Hadoop/NoSQL data stores
• Minimum 5 years' experience with Big Data coding or scripting, including Java, Python, Pig programming, Hadoop Streaming, and/or HiveQL for data analysis of production applications
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or other relevant field is required
• Minimum 7 years of hands-on experience architecting, designing and implementing data applications in production using emerging data technologies such as Hadoop Ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Kafka etc.), NoSQL(e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB), In-Memory Data Technologies, Data Munging Technologies
• Minimum 5 years' experience re-architecting and rationalizing traditional data environments with Hadoop or NoSQL technologies
• Minimum 5 years' experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages such as Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Scala
• Minimum 5 years' experience with building and deploying Java apps to production
• Minimum 5 years' experience architecting and implementing data management solutions around Hadoop and NoSQL in a hybrid environment
• Minimum 3 years' experience implementing data wrangling and data blending solutions for enabling self-service solutions
• Some experience with data preparation for statistical modeling, machine learning modeling and/or analytical modeling using these technologies on large data sets (e.g. MLib, Mahout, Spark, R)
• Minimum 5 years' experience with identifying, designing and implementing functional solutions for big data use cases in the healthcare and/or public service industries, which includes healthcare payers, providers, and pharmacy benefit managers, and state and municipal healthcare, citizen service, public safety agencies
Please apply to: