- Feb , 7
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Sabre Tubular Structures is hiring for a Welder job in Alvarado,TX
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
- Manually positions pole assembly into pole rollers for welding
Reads and interprets drawings and specifications to determine proper location of attachments, as well as weld size and configuration
Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides feet, inches, fractions, and decimals
Uses oxy-fuel torch to pre-heat parts to be welded in accordance with published welding codes and specifications
Uses GMAC or FCAW welding process to weld small components or assemblies
Works in confined areas at various locations on the small pole assembly line as necessary to weld components
Uses chipping hammer, wire brush, motorized grinders, and motorized wire brush at various times to clean welded areas
Uses pneumatic drills and magnetic drills to drill carious size holes on pole assembly as required by drawings and specifications
Visually inspects work to identify material discrepancies and to ensure that welds have been completed in compliance with applicable drawings and specifications
Uses a weld gauge to measure weld size
Reads and interprets work orders and daily production schedules
Assists fitters in assembly as needed
Uses measuring tape, level, square, and angle finder to measure distances and anglesUses oxy-fuel cutting torch and plasma-arc torch to cut steel
Uses oxy-fuel cutting torch and plasma-arc torch to cut steel
Operates assembly line conveyor system to move tubular shafts into position for cutting on band saw and for fitting
Operates band saw for cutting tubular shafts according to specifications
- • GMAW or Metal Core welding experience preferred
• Mathematical aptitude a plus
• Blueprint and tape measure reading a plus
• Must be able to stand 100% of scheduled shift. Lifting, pushing, prying, and dragging heavy materials up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
• Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends.
• Position requires manual dexterity, arm-handed steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
• Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme tempertures.
• Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and received information from all relevant sources.
- • High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
- Monday - Saturday, 7 pm - 5 am, Overtime and Weekends as needed (Nights)