Food & Beverage Manager
- Feb 08, 2018
- Hotel/Motel/Resort : General Hotel/Motel/Resort
Mainsail Management Group is hiring for a Food & Beverage Manager job in Tampa,FL
Food & Beverage Manager
Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for ensure exceptional service to all guests and have the ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment that is consistent and continually in accordance to the Autograph Collection standards under the franchise of Mainsail Lodging & Development.
- Responsible for sales and profit in their area
- Responsible for daily function of the restaurant operation to include the bars.
- Ensure that scheduled functions are complete and are set up accurately
- Assist in maintaining a motivated, interactive positive team
- Assist with training staff
- Maintain professionalism with team members, managers and guests.
- Open and close shift in accordance with the managers checklist
- Greet guests, initiate conversations with guests and solicit feedback from guests.
- Handle daily scheduling of team members and make adjustments when necessary
- Implement proper tools for running shifts: e.g. Schedules, floor plans, reservations, etc.
- Solve team member issues such as call outs or any other daily issue that should arise with team members
- Find solutions to guest issues such as last minute changes in reservations, cancellations, etc.
- Stay on the floor the entire meal period
- Monitor hours and watch the flow of business and make cuts appropriately as to not negatively affect the service levels.
- Ensure daily side work has been completed prior to staff leaving
- Ensure team is in proper uniform / approved attire
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Monitor and maintain tables
- Rotate stations fairly
- Demonstrate positive communication with team
- Maintain fair and consistent coaching and counseling
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Communicate and maintain positive inter-departmental relations
- Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Communicate with managers and next shift any issues
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience to ensure high performing scores on the GSS according to Marriott
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law. Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free workplace.