- Anna Maria,FL
- Feb 08, 2018
- Hotel/Motel/Resort : General Hotel/Motel/Resort
Mainsail Management Group is hiring for a Recreation Host job in Tampa,FL
Creating memories for guests of Waterline through exceptional service & delivery. Making sure the duties are carried out in a professional way for the guests’ highest satisfaction. The Recreation Host is part of the Recreation Team with the main responsibility of ensuring our guests are receiving the highest level of services while a guest at our resort. He/she is also responsible for communicating needs for the successful operation, service and repair of equipment. Also, handling guest/coworker requests, other work orders as assigned as well as the outside grounds upkeep and work area cleanliness.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in Recreation in a hotel setting or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Ability to use technology
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Daily review of all recreation equipment to ensure clean and in good working order
- Notify Recreation/Harbor Manager of any repairs needed for recreation equipment.
- Ensure life safety equipment is in proper location and available for guests
- Manage check out of recreation equipment, ensuring waivers are signed
- Maintain pool deck in good order, straightening chairs, collection of towels, trash
- Issue towels to guests, ensuring that they are resort guests.
- Escort guests to chairs at pool & beach, introduce to server staff.
- Monitor pool & beach area for guest needs
- Maintain Beach Club & beach area in good order, straightening chairs, collection of towels, trash
- Offering games to guests
- Assisting guests with use of recreation equipment
- Ensuring guests using the pool, chairs, and recreation activities are registered resort guests.
- Assist guest in planning recreation activates with suggestion and offering concierge services when required
- Assisting at the Marina with guests as required & request from the Recreation/Marina Manager – in season/times of high demand – arriving resort guests may require assistance with luggage, offloading of garbage, ice needs, etc.
- End of day shutdown of Beach Club ensuring all equipment is safely secured & beach loungers are removed from the beach.
Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law. Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free workplace.