Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Anna Maria,FL
- May 09, 2018
- Hotel/Motel/Resort : General Hotel/Motel/Resort
Mainsail Management Group is hiring for a Food & Beverage Supervisor job in Anna Maria,FL
Restaurant Supervisor will be responsible for ensure exceptional service to all guests and have the ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment that is consistent and continually in accordance to the Autograph Collection standards under the franchise of Mainsail Lodging & Development.
- Responsible for sales and profit in their area
- Responsible for daily function of the restaurant operation to include the bars.
- Ensure that scheduled functions are complete and are set up accurately
- Assist in maintaining a motivated, interactive positive team
- Assist with training staff
- Maintain professionalism with team members, managers and guests.
- Open and close shift in accordance with the managers checklist
- Greet guests, initiate conversations with guests and solicit feedback from guests.
- Handle daily scheduling of team members and make adjustments when necessary
- Implement proper tools for running shifts: g. Schedules, floor plans, reservations, etc.
- Solve team member issues such as call outs or any other daily issue that should arise with team members
- Find solutions to guest issues such as last minute changes in reservations, cancellations, etc.
- Stay on the floor the entire meal period
- Monitor hours and watch the flow of business and make cuts appropriately as to not negatively affect the service levels.
- Ensure daily side work has been completed prior to staff leaving
- Ensure team is in proper uniform / approved attire
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ drinking by following TIPS practices
- Ensure team members are aware of all applicable laws regarding alcoholic beverages
- Monitor and maintain tables
- Rotate stations fairly
- Demonstrate positive communication with team
- Maintain fair and consistent coaching and counseling
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Communicate and maintain positive inter-departmental relations
- Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Communicate with managers and next shift any issues
- Banquet and catering sales
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience to ensure high performing scores on the GSS according to Marriott
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary