- Anna Maria,FL
- Feb 08, 2018
- Hotel/Motel/Resort : General Hotel/Motel/Resort
Mainsail Management Group is hiring for a Kitchen Supervisor job in Tampa,FL
The Kitchen Supervisor will be responsible for preparing the kitchen in a multitude of tasks to include the day to day preparation of the meals within all the F & B outlets and to continually uphold the standards in accordance to the Autograph Collection standards under the franchise of Mainsail Lodging & Development.
- Assist with the day to day managing of the kitchen staff
- Assist the Executive chef with scheduling of kitchen staff
- Basic vegetable prep – peeling, slicing, dicing, and portioning
- Basic & advanced sauce prep –to include stocks, salad dressings, vinaigrettes, emulsifications,
- Butchering –processing whole poultry, fish, and primal cuts of larger animals
- General cleaning – to include equipment, floors, walls, coolers, and freezers
- Dishwashing –all Epicurean kitchen staff wash dishes
- Line cooking –working with other cooks under the supervision of the chef
- Plating dishes – presenting food for guest to the chef’s specifications
- Expediting –assisting chefs in directing the flow of service from the kitchen to the dining room
- Demonstration cooking –assisting Epicurean chefs and guest chefs with presentations
- Assist with plate up presenting food for guest to the chef’s specifications
- Ability to understand and communicate kitchen orders
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Ability to perform all functions in the kitchen and assist where needed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work long hours standing over hot stoves and grills.
- Ability to work as a team in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of different cooking recipes and all kitchen equipment
- Able to make great quality food
- Follow SafeStaff sanitary compliance throughout every area working in the kitchen
- Follow all safety procedures to include knife safety
- Restock clean dishes, flatware and all cooking equipment to the appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain the kitchen work area in an orderly and clean condition.
- Clean or prepare various food for cooking or serving to include peeling vegetables, portioning products, etc.
- Follow proper hand washing procedures
- Stock supplies for the kitchen in specified locations and maintain area in order
- Sweep, Scrub, mop floors. Wipe walls, coolers, freezers and equipment
- Sort and remove trash and clean the garbage cans / whales daily
- Maintain trash area and place in proper area for pickup
- Assist with loading and unloading of food deliveries and supplies
- Maintain a professional presentable uniform and personal grooming
- Able to effectively communicate with the team on a daily basis
- Maintain a sense of ownership for the hotel / restaurant
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience to ensure high performing scores on the GSS according to Marriott.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent or higher
- Minimum of 1 year experience in restaurant
- Previous culinary kitchen experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to use knives, kitchen machinery safely and effectively.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Long hours sometimes required
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Ability to work with others in a high demand kitchen
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the kitchen, the hotel and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law. Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free workplace.