Manager, Ridership Analysis & Service Evaluation
- Feb 09, 2018
- Construction : General Construction
- Provides primary managerial direction and performs personnel administrative functions of direct report staff (e.g. training, supervising, work assignments, timesheets, performance evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff and ensuring necessary department outcomes are achieved.
- Develops and coordinates preparation of the monthly ridership report for the Office of Management and Budget.
- Manages the compilation of unlinked passenger trips (UPT) and passenger miles traveled (PMT) for fixed-route commuter bus, motor bus, and light rail in the monthly and annual report for the required National Transit Database submittal.
- Develops and coordinates preparation of a quarterly ridership report for the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and others.
- Provides ongoing mentoring and training of Ridership Analysis & Service Evaluation staff members to improve their technical capabilities in ridership extraction and analysis. Provides quality control and system-level review of monthly ridership and other identified trends.
- Consults with other METRO departments to compare current ridership trends with historical trends and revenue transactions.
- Consults with other transit properties to compare current ridership trends.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communication with internal departments and external entities (as approved by senior management).
- Monitors service performance and ridership for capital facilities.
- Ensures that all ridership-related briefings and presentations are appropriately and timely handled.
- Regularly rides a variety of METRO bus and train services to verify ridership issues and/or trends.
- Assembles, analyzes, and evaluates data and other relevant information in order to draw reasonable and fair conclusions and make sound decisions.
- Serves as an advisor to the Director of Service Planning & Evaluation.
- Develops and facilitates presentations to METRO's Executive Leadership Team, METRO Board committees and the Board at-large, public hearings, and public meetings, as needed.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in efforts to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in planning, ridership reporting, or data analysis for public transit services at various levels and time frames to include three (3) years of supervisory/management experience.
Knowledge of policies, procedures, and functions of METRO/Transit Agency and/or FTA and industry related requirements regarding ridership; budget development and administration; public transit planning methods, techniques and issues; ridership tracking methodologies and technologies. Good communications skills. Good analytical skills with the ability to prepare clear and concise written and oral reports.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.