Laborer At Waste Management
- West Sunbury,PA
- Feb 09, 2018
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs a variety of general manual labor tasks under direct supervision.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to,
- lifting and moving materials,
- loading and unloading vehicles,
- digging and refilling holes,
- and other activities in a helping or assisting mode.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Removes trash, including picking up trash in parking lot and around exterior of building.
- Cleans restrooms daily, including maintaining hand towels, tissues and soap.
- Sweeps, wet mops and spray buffs tile floors.
- Scrubs and recoats floors once a month, and strips and refinishes all floors once a year.
- Vacuums carpets, furniture, drapes and other fabrics.
- Maintains stairwells, including cleaning and polishing handrails.
- Dusts and cleans walls, doors, windows, woodwork and furniture.
- Dusts and cleans air/return vents and changes filters.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Maintains lawn and trims shrubbery
- Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: High school diploma or G.E.D, and zero to four years previous experience.
Preferred: Associate's Degree, or equivalent experience, and zero to four years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Valid U.S. Drivers License
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to drive motor vehicle. Additional safety training may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) occasionally;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) occasionally;;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
- Normal setting for this job is: manual labor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."