Seasonal Part Time Sortation Associate- Delivery Station
- Feb 09, 2018
- Retail : Retail Customer Service
Attend one of our upcoming events for an on-the-spot job offer! Walk-in, apply, and walk away with a new part-time job! See below for full details to find the event that's nearest to you! Apply today for shifts from 5 AM-9 AM, and 11 PM-4 AM!
Courtyard Marriott Richmond
3150 Garrity Way
Richmond, CA 94806
February 14-17: 9:00am-3:00pm
Hourly Pay Rate: $13.25
Apply today for your next part-time opportunity! Looking for a way to get in your hours around your current schedule? We're actively hiring for shifts 11 PM - 5 AM, and 5 AM - 9 AM!
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Delivery Station:
- Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes… following the rules.
- Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
- Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We’ll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
- We like to keep you on your toes, associates will rotate tasks multiple times throughout the week.
- Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
- Layer up! You should be comfortable working in an environment with varying temperatures. Many buildings have dock doors that open throughout shifts, this can cause the temperature to be high during the summer or cold during the winter depending on the location.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
- Keep on truckin’. Manage the receiving of truck deliveries and packages.
- Pumped up kicks. You’ll stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility – good shoes are a must!
- All hands on deck! You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
- On the move. You should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
- Potential opportunity to operate PIT equipment, special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability.
- Keepin’ up with the times. You’ll use a smartphone, apps, handheld devices, and can even scan a bar code or two.
Hourly Pay Rate: $13.25
BASIC QUALIFICATIONSLet’s sweeten the deal…
- Weekly pay schedule
- Holiday overtime pay
- Basic Life, AD&D insurance
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Thrown your cap in the air – you have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Blown out the candles – you are at least 18 years old.
- Flex, not just your muscles – you don’t mind a curve ball every once in a while and you can be flexible in responsibilities.
- You are willing and able to work extra hours as required, bringing smiles to our customers doesn’t take time off.
- Let’s get physical – associates must, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
- Step it up – be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
- Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
Basic Qualifications (because compliance asked us nicely to list these out…)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- English literacy skills
If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation