- Feb 09, 2018
- Drivers : Truck Driver
800 Fitzwater Street - Seaford, Maryland, 21801
Class A Tanker Truck Driver / Quest - Elite
Drives tank truck to deliver gasoline, fuel oil, lubricating oil, or liquefied petroleum gas to customers: Drives truck into position to load at filling rack.
We offer Class A Tanker Drivers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal days, training, lunch breaks
- Seniority-based scheduling
- Annual uniform allowance
- Safety bonuses
- Company-matched 401(k)
- Company-matched health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance
- Competitive Hourly Pay (based on verifiable tanker experience)
- Overtime pay after 40 hours worked
Class A Tanker Driver Qualifications:
- Class A CDL with 2 years' experience with HAZMAT and tanker endorsements
- TWIC Card
- No reckless driving tickets in the last 3 years
- Class A Tanker Drivers must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Must be able to pass road and backing tests
- No tanker experience needed, will train the right persons
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Must be on time to start their work shift.
- Must check their dispatch and make sure it is complete.
- Must communicate to dispatch with any changes made.
- Drivers are required to wear the proper PPE at all times.
- Responsible for Quest Transports equipment and are required to follow all Security measures needed to protect the equipment from falling into the wrong hands.
- Required to perform a pre-trip inspection on the equipment before proceeding.
- Must fill out vehicle condition reports and log books before proceeding. Log books may or may not be used depending on the use of on board computers.
- Drivers are to use on board computers and enter all data as directed.
- Report any safety or maintenance issues at delivery sites.
- Drivers are expected to make all deliveries in a timely manner.
- Drivers are to leave the correct paperwork at the delivery site and at the office upon ending their shift.
- Perform a post-trip on the equipment at the end of their shift.
- Report all incidents, accidents and suspicious activity.
- Follow all Hours of Service Rules and Regulations.
- Drivers are to communicate to their supervisors in advance, as to days needed off in order to communicate to dispatch.
- Required to attend monthly safety meetings.
- Expected to follow Quest Transport's Drug and Alcohol Policies.
- Drivers are to communicate to their supervisors any traffic violations they may have had, even in their personal vehicles.
- Keep their CDL, TWIC and DOT physical cards up to date.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Interested candidates may apply in person at Quest Transport, LLC, located at 800 Fitzwater Street, Salisbury, MD 21801. For more information, call Calvin Davis at (410) 603-7744.
Click the “Apply Now” button to submit an online application today!
Quest Transport, LLC and Elite Freight Brokers has been owned and operated since 2005 as a hazardous material carrier specializing in fuel distribution. We currently service the Mid-Atlantic region with customers in Virginia, DC, Maryland and New Jersey .is an established distributor and jobber of petroleum products & services throughout the Atlantic region of the United States. We own, operate, and/or supply over 800 sites across Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C., and New Jersey, and have an annual fuel volume of over 700 million gallons. We offer each of our customers' superior customer service and support, provided by innovative, dedicated, talented and experienced employees.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.