Chemical Process Engineer
- Feb 09, 2018
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
PPG Industries Inc/ColumbusCircleville is hiring for a Chemical Process Engineer job in Circleville,OH
Job Description - Chemical Process Engineer (1700008285)
Chemical Process Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Circleville-Circleville - Automotive Group
Organization: Automotive OEM Coatings
Travel Required: Yes, 25 % of the Time
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
PPG's Circleville, Ohio, plant is the company's center for resin production. Our sophisticated polymer resins are used in PPG paint-making plants from North America to China and are compounded into an assortment of finishes serving different markets, but primarily the automotive market.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
This process engineering position monitors the quality of and continuously improves manufacturing methods from raw material receipt to customer delivery to ensure all customer requirements are met. The process engineer provides technical responsibility for the proper operation of reactor systems to ensure compliance with established safety standards, customer requirements and ISO/IATF 16949 standards.
This position also provides:
• Technical responsibility for the scale-up of new products and assures quality systems are in place for process changes to existing products.
• Identifies opportunities, recommends solutions and implements corrective actions to help meet plant safety, cost, productivity and quality objectives.
• Develops complete and accurate production logs that ensure safe and effective procedures for producing quality products.
• Assists in the development and presentation of training programs for production operators and other department personnel.
• Takes an active role in Business Process Improvement as a leader or member of a BPI Team.
This position will have extensive contact with R&D Technical Associates, Quality Assurance, Plant Engineering, Operations Planning and Accounting personnel.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and at least two years of engineering experience in a manufacturing plant.
Functional and Technical Skills
Understanding of polymer/organic chemistry and working knowledge of chemical plant unit operations (i.e. batch reactors, heat transfer, process control) and chemical plant equipment operations (i.e. pumps, piping, tanks, heat exchangers).
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the apply to upload a resume