- Feb 09, 2018
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
PPG Industries Inc/ColumbusCircleville is hiring for a EHS Specialist job in Circleville,OH
Job Description - US - EHS Specialist - Safety (1700004153)
US - EHS Specialist - Safety
: United States-Ohio-Circleville-Circleville - Automotive Group
: Automotive OEM Coatings
: Oct 3, 2017, 3:27:54 AM
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $15.3 billion in 2015. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. The PPG Circleville, Ohio Plant is the company's center for resin production. Our sophisticated polymer resins are used in PPG paint-making plants from North America to China and are compounded into an assortment of finishes serving different markets, but primarily the automotive market. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
- Candidate will work to develop, implement, and maintain the safety and loss prevention programs that will provide a loss free work environment for the employees of the Circleville Plant while contributing to the overall viability and profitability of the organization.
- Recommends and administers programs designed to eliminate occupational injuries and illnesses and minimize losses to Company assets. These programs must comply with PPG, Federal, State, and local Governmental requirements relating to safety, health, and security in the workplace.
- Directs the safety and health education and training of all employees in the areas of safety, health, and loss prevention.
- Manages the inspection of facilities and work practices, assessing loss potential and taking actions to minimize risk.
- Coordinates analysis of incidents to ensure corrective/preventive actions are implemented.
- Coordinates industrial hygiene activities that include exposure monitoring, chemical and physical hazard evaluations, surveys of engineering controls, and health-related investigations.
- Ensures the operation of all fire protection and fire alarm systems.
- Leads the facility Emergency Response Team.
- Assists EHS Manager in managing personnel and contracts with regard to the plant medical services department and security forces.
- Responsible for compliance with organizations’ and government EH&S standards. May supervise others and is viewed on the site / business as a functional expert.
Experience and Education
- Degreed (BS) in a Safety Sciences or related field
- Must possess 3+ years of industrial experience in a chemical or manufacturing environment
- CSP accreditation is a plus.
Functional and Technical Skills
- The successful candidate must possess specialized and/or technical proficiency in EH&S, combining an in-depth understanding of involved practices and complex technical issues and principles.
- The successful candidate should possesses complex problem solving skills and ability to motivate others in cooperative effort. Problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative solutions, procedures, and specialized standards are key traits.
- Accountability is generally regulated, but self-initiated. Decisions are normally implemented with supervisory review.
- Successful candidate must be a self-starter.
- Candidate will facilitate results with good communication skills and interpersonal competence.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on apply to upload a resume