- Feb 09, 2018
- Mechanics : Truck Mechanic
3510 Fairfield Road - Baltimore, Maryland, 21226
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of company owned Fleet Vehicles in accordance with all governmental and company requirements.
Executes flawless maintenance operations consistent with governmental and company requirements.
Individual will be required to maintain equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies and completing repairs in a fast paced environment while providing the lowest possible maintenance cost for the company.
Fleet Mechanic Duties:
Employee must be able to multi-task, have excellent communication and diagnostic skills, as well as an excellent attendance record.Job Duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Utilize safe work procedures to foster a safe work environment.
- Repair and maintain Fleet Vehicles in accordance with all governmental and company requirements.
- Tracking and scheduling of all fleet maintenance including PM's, Truck permits and registrations, Annual tank testing and truck inspections, Fire extinguishers and safety equipment.
- Receiving phone calls and responding to regular and after hour road calls
- Organizes and maintain fleet records and requirements per company and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs parts ordering and garage inventory
- Submits invoices to billing department.
- Demonstrates ability to purchase tires and maintain tire inventory
- Recommends and trains new-hires
- Maintains garage equipment and shop work area in a clean ,orderly and safe manner
- Support, steward and assist in developing fleet expense savings and controls.
- Transporting of vehicles to and from repair shops
- Responsible for snow removal in inclimate weather
- Assist in identifying, completing warranty repairs and recouping warranty reimbursement
- Performs other tasks and projects deemed necessary by fleet management
- Ability to work unsupervised, self-motivated.
- Position requires basic knowledge of computers and data entry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong operational and maintenance background
- Working knowledge of DOT, EPA, OSHA, Hazmat requirements
Fleet Mechanic Requirements:
- CDL license plus other safety requirements and or certifications.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Keyboard Skills
- Customer Relations
- Customer Service
- Time Management
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Activities requiring handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls, and other small parts
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment.
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., and infrequent lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
- Occasional working at heights above 10 ft.
- Must be able to work in inclimate weather
- Maintenance Director
- General Manger
- Terminal Director
- Terminal Managers
Key Performance Indicators KPI,s:
- Vehicle safety and DOT violations
- Employee safety
- Maintenance and PM performance
- Truck Downtime
- Road Calls
- Monthly expenses
Interested in the Fleet Mechanic position, Apply in Person at the address listed to the right of this posting or click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
For more information, call us toll free at (844) 201-9133.
Quest Transport, LLC and Elite Freight Brokers has been owned and operated since 2005 as a hazardous material carrier specializing in fuel distribution. We currently service the Mid-Atlantic region with customers in Virginia, DC, Maryland and New Jersey .is an established distributor and jobber of petroleum products & services throughout the Atlantic region of the United States. We own, operate, and/or supply over 800 sites across Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C., and New Jersey, and have an annual fuel volume of over 700 million gallons. We offer each of our customers' superior customer service and support, provided by innovative, dedicated, talented and experienced employees.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.