- Feb 09, 2018
- Drivers : Truck Driver
3510 Fairfield Road - Baltimore, Maryland, 21226
Class A Tanker Truck Driver
The Tanker Driver drives a tank truck to deliver gasoline, fuel oil, lubricating oil, or liquefied petroleum gas to customers including:
- Drives truck into position to load at filling rack.
- Opens valves or starts pumps to fill tank.
- Reads gauges or meters and records quantity loaded.
- Drives truck to customer's premises.
- Connects hose to tank and opens valves.
- Records amount delivered and issues ticket to customer.
- May attach ground wire to truck.
- May be designated according to type of fuel delivered as Fuel-Oil-Delivery Driver; Gas-Delivery Driver.
- May drive trailer truck and be designated Trailer-Tank-Truck Driver.
- Sign-On Bonus
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal days, training, lunch breaks
- Seniority-based scheduling
- Annual uniform allowance
- Safety bonuses
- Company-matched 401(k)
- Company-matched health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance
- Competitive Hourly Pay (based on verifiable tanker experience)
- Overtime pay after 40 hours worked
- Drivers must be able to follow directions.
- Drivers must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Drivers are expected to receive the proper rest on their off hours.
- Drivers must be on time to start their work shift.
- Drivers must check their dispatch and make sure it is complete.
- Drivers must communicate to dispatch with any changes made.
- Drivers are required to wear the proper PPE at all times.
- Drivers are responsible for Quest Transports equipment and are required to follow all Security measures needed to protect the equipment from falling into the wrong hands.
- Drivers are required to perform a pre-trip inspection on the equipment before proceeding.
- Drivers must fill out vehicle condition reports and log books before proceeding. Log books may or may not be used depending on the use of on board computers.
- Drivers are to use on board computers and enter all data as directed.
- Drivers are to follow all Terminal loading and unloading policies and procedures.
- Drivers are to make deliveries following all instructions per dispatch.
- Drivers are to follow all Federal, State, DOT and highway rules when driving.
- Drivers are to report any safety or maintenance issues at delivery sites. All issues are to be reported to dispatch and their supervisors.
- Drivers are expected to make all deliveries in a timely manner.
- Drivers are required to follow all Company, Safety, Federal, State and Hazmat policies and procedures while unloading at the delivery sites while protecting the environment.
- Drivers are expected to follow all Security policies and procedures.
- Drivers are to leave the correct paperwork at the delivery site and at the office upon ending their shift.
- Drivers are expected to perform a post-trip on the equipment at the end of their shift.
- Drivers are expected to report all incidents, accidents and suspicious activity.
- Drivers are expected to follow all Hours of Service Rules and Regulations.
- Drivers are expected to follow all DOT mandated rules and regulations.
- Drivers are to communicate to their supervisors in advance, as to days needed off in order to communicate to dispatch.
- Drivers are required to attend monthly safety meetings.
- Drivers are expected to follow Quest Transport's Drug and Alcohol Policies.
- Drivers are to communicate to their supervisors any traffic violations they may have had, even in their personal vehicles.
- Drivers are to keep their CDL, TWIC and DOT physical cards up to date.
- Drivers are to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, as they are the front line representative of Quest Transport.
- Drivers are held in the utmost respect and are expected to do the same for Quest transport.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Class A Tanker Driver Qualifications:
- Class A CDL with 2 years' experience with HAZMAT and tanker endorsements
- TWIC Card
- No reckless driving tickets in the last 3 years
- Class A Tanker Drivers must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Must be able to pass road and backing tests
- No tanker experience needed, will train the right persons
Interested in the Driver position, Apply in Person at the address listed to the right of this posting or click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
For more information, call us toll free at (844) 201-9133.
Quest Transport, LLC and Elite Freight Brokers has been owned and operated since 2005 as a hazardous material carrier specializing in fuel distribution. We currently service the Mid-Atlantic region with customers in Virginia, DC, Maryland and New Jersey .is an established distributor and jobber of petroleum products & services throughout the Atlantic region of the United States. We own, operate, and/or supply over 800 sites across Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C., and New Jersey, and have an annual fuel volume of over 700 million gallons. We offer each of our customers' superior customer service and support, provided by innovative, dedicated, talented and experienced employees.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.