Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer
- Feb 23, 2018
- Skilled Trades : General Skilled Trades
RJ Corman Railroad Services is hiring for a Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer job in Pittsburgh,PA
R.J. Corman Railroad Services is currently seeking Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborers for their Pittsburgh Division in Meadow Lands, PA.
Accountability: Operates and performs preventative maintenance and minor repair on heavy equipment. Operation and equipment knowledge at a well-developed level is required. Safely drive and operate CDL A required vehicles while following DOT regulations.
- Operates Heavy or Specialized equipment. (i.e. Rubber Tire Loader, Trackhoe, Dozer, Backhoe, Crane, etc.)
- Demonstrate experienced operation and equipment knowledge.
- Performs preventative maintenance on heavy or specialized equipment.
- May assist with supervision of small crew as necessary.
- Maintains proper equipment appearance and cleanliness.
- May perform labor duties as needed.
- Communicates with supervisor throughout the job process.
- Basic mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot simple mechanical failures.
- Practices safe working habits.
- Ensures working conditions are safe and that proper PPE is being used as job duties require.
- Safely drive, operate, and maintain CDL A required vehicles and equipment.
- Follow DOT regulations; ensuring proper permits and driving regulations are followed.
- Live within 45 minutes of the shop (665 West Pike St Meadow Lands, PA 15347).
- Possess a current CDL A and DOT medical card.
- Extensive travel is required.
Physical Requirements: Mobility to participate in frequent travel to and from the project location; ability to operate heavy equipment; lifting of up to 100 pounds in the performance of duties. Agility to navigate into confined spaces if necessary.
Environmental Conditions: Performs duties in multiple environments including outside construction project settings, in and around moving vehicles and equipment. Exposure to weather elements; must wear appropriate PPE required for the project site.
If you are interested in joining our team of Railroad professionals, click “apply now” to begin your online application!