Media Sales Services Specialist I
- Mar 08, 2018
- Customer Service : General Customer Service
Cox Communications is hiring for a Media Sales Services Specialist I job in Phoenix,AZ
The Media Sales Services Specialist I coordinates and troubleshoots the acquisition and fulfillment of advertising orders for accounts with moderate to high revenue potential; involves working closely with assigned sales consultants and clients as well as the Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC) and other Sales Services Staff.
The position works in a cubicle at a desk in Cox Media Sales offices within a sourced services (centralized) work environment. Internal customers are primarily the Sales team but other departments as well. Work is time- and error-sensitive; failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost revenue. The role has significant contact with external customers by phone. Assigns work to others with no formal organizational authority.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Serves as the liaison between sales consultants, segment 2 and 3 clients, and Client Services.
• Partners with sales consultants to build upon CNA data to prepare the client solution.
• Creates quality schedule proposals that reinforce our solutions selling model.
• Strategizes with sales consultants and other Sales Services staff to increase revenue generation that includes up selling as it aligns with the client solution and other opportunities available that fit within the client’s goals and objectives.
• Key duties include creating proposals, partnering with the Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC) for order entry and revision instructions, managing and troubleshooting ad copy, fulfilling makegood requests, and managing client requests.
• Takes responsibility to solve internal / external customer problems.
Major work activities include:
• Ensures that ad copy is submitted to the CFC, entered into Novar per instructions, and approved and corrected if necessary; updates or troubleshoots ad copy and locates previously used spot IDs and copy media, as needed.
• Investigates pre-empted spots, submits makegood instructions based on client or sales consultant direction, and ensures that makegoods are processed correctly in Novar.
• Collaborates with assigned sales consultants to develop client solutions, strategize how to increase revenue, determine client product mix, develop proposals and presentations, and complete production agreements. May upsell in line with client goals and objectives and previously agreed-upon client solutions, especially in conjunction with makegoods.
• Calls customers to obtain information or missing ad copy, or to inform them about schedule changes; responds to customers’ questions, solves their schedule-related problems, and handles other client requests by phone; in conjunction with a sales consultant provides follow-up information and post-campaign details to clients; may meet with clients in person at the request of the sales consultant and/or local Sales Manager.
• Develops custom schedule proposals in View32 based on product mix, inventory availability, and rate card information.
• Submits digital media (online product, mobile, VOD, Interactive), GoScout, and local origination channel (LO) orders using the appropriate fulfillment processes and systems.
• Monitors key business reports to gauge the successful fulfillment of client contracts. Initiates and takes action as needed to engage sales consultants in modifications, changes, and/or client notifications needed.
• Sets up new clients/agencies in TIM and works with CFC to set them up in Novar and set up their billing.
• Coordinates and provides direction and assistance to SSCs regarding order entry and revision.
• Investigates and resolves credit holds and misapplied payments; maintains records and keeps balance on all trade accounts.
• Attends job-related training that may include refresher training, and service updates.
• 2 or more years of experience preferred in related field (i.e. customer service, sales support, media sales environment, etc.)
• Experience using Microsoft Office applications in a work or non-work setting
• Excellent skills in adaptability, applied learning, collaboration, customer service orientation, high impact communication, initiating action, problem solving and troubleshooting, quality orientation, reasoning, self-organizing, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• AS/AA or Technical Certification or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline strongly desired
• Previous experience in a sales environment
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces.