Aircraft Security Screener
- Mar 29, 2018
- Protective Services : General Protective Services
G2 Secure Staff is hiring for a Aircraft Security Screener job in Irving,TX
Provide security screening to prevent the introduction of weapons, explosives and other deadly or dangerous items into the air transportation system by means of available screening equipment such as hand-held metal detectors and physical inspections. The screening provides security for the aircraft, airports, air carriers and staff.
A. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous baggage handling experience preferred.
3. Previous security experience preferred.
4. Must be 18 years or older.
5. Must have reliable telephone and transportation.
B. PERSONAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written communication (in English).
3. Ability to work from verbal and written instructions.
4. Possess the tact to deal effectively with Clients, Passengers, Employees and the Public.
5. Must be able to lift, stoop, squat, push, stand and/or bend throughout shift.
6. Pull, lift, push and/or carry heavy weights, awkward and heavy boxes and crates.
7. Must be able to lift, carry, and/or hold at least 70 lbs.
9. Must be able to perceive colors to match tags.
10. Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.Must complete a criminal background check.
11. Must meet necessary requirements to obtain a security sensitive identification badge.
12. Must be a citizen of the United States or possess the necessary authorization from the INS.
1. Must be familiar with all Government/Airport/Client and Company regulations.
2. Deals courteously and communicate effectively with fellow employees.
3. Communicate safety hazards and equipment problems to managers.
4. Must conduct physical searches and take proper action upon detection of a questionable or dangerous item.
5. Notify or ensure immediate Law Enforcement Officer and/or Airline Ground Security Coordinator notification when necessary.
6. Ensure safe handling of dangerous or deadly weapons/objects discovered until arrival of the Law Enforcement Officer.
7. Contact Law Enforcement Officer if items of contraband (illegal items) are discovered during the screening process. Maintain control of items until arrival of the L.E.O.
8. Report all Government tests, real weapons, injuries and other major incidents to supervisor immediately.
9. Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work area and report maintenance needs.
10. Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from clients, staff and public in a courteous manner.
11. Attend meetings and in-services as required.
12. Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as required.
13. Must be in proper uniform or business attire as directed by company officials.
14. Identification badges must always be visible.
15. Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
16. Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
17. Perform other duties as requested.
G2 – DFW Employment Office: 4425 W. Airport Freeway, Suite 250 Irving, TX 75062 / 214-888-2946
Careers.g2securestaff.com (Filter by DFW)